Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI vs. 2nd Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI vs. 2nd Card

Hey Fam, quick question. Is it me or do lenders rather give you a 2nd card rather than a CLI. I requested CLIs on 2 of my cards, different lenders, I was denied on both but offered a new card instead. What is the benefit of doing this for the lenders?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: CLI vs. 2nd Card

Could the cards that you currently have be one of the starter cards and don't have much room for credit limit?  Instead offer another product that has more room.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jcooks wrote:

Could the cards that you currently have be one of the starter cards and don't have much room for credit limit?  Instead offer another product that has more room.

Never thought of it like that. It is true both cards were starter cards Cap1 Plat and a Credit1 Plat. My 2nd cards both started with double the SL of the original cards.

Message 3 of 7
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

My first NFCU card was cash rewards SL of $2K. I waited 90/3 and asked for a CLI. They said no soup for me. I said I'll show them. I'll just app for a second card. Boom GO Rewards SL $5100. I asked again for CLI on Cash Rewards still at $2K. I did ask for and get themm to round offf Go Rewards to $5500 (maybe I should have asked for more?? Who knows they are strange. Then last night they gave my daughter $5K on her first credit card. 4 years perfect payment on mine as AU helped. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 7
jcooks
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jcooks wrote:

Never thought of it like that. It is true both cards were starter cards Cap1 Plat and a Credit1 Plat. My 2nd cards both started with double the SL of the original cards.

Get rid of the credit one card and see if you can product change the capital one to the quicksilver

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jcooks wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jcooks wrote:

Get rid of the credit one card and see if you can product change the capital one to the quicksilver

I product changed the Plat to a QS and requested a CLI they denied me and offered me a QS1 as a 2nd card.

I'm a day late getting this info, I just got charged the annual fee on the Credit1 🥴 but I will thanks for the info.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta luv Navy 😉

@Sandman771 wrote:

My first NFCU card was cash rewards SL of $2K. I waited 90/3 and asked for a CLI. They said no soup for me. I said I'll show them. I'll just app for a second card. Boom GO Rewards SL $5100. I asked again for CLI on Cash Rewards still at $2K. I did ask for and get themm to round offf Go Rewards to $5500 (maybe I should have asked for more?? Who knows they are strange. Then last night they gave my daughter $5K on her first credit card. 4 years perfect payment on mine as AU helped. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.