Not applicable

CLIs from US Bank

Is it always HP language?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: CLIs from US Bank

Not just language in my case. They always wanna HP me! Good thing I left my EQ inadvertently locked last time I tried and got denied because of it!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 22
ccquest
Established Contributor

Seems like it. There was reportedly a small period where they had language that indicated hard or soft pull, but that was replaced by hard pull only language again. I think I'm going to just sit with $5k limit on the Altitude Go for awhile and work on the other cards with whatever soft pulls I can get instead. Won't ever need more than that for the food/bar spend that I have.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only tried once and took the HP for a $1500 increase. 

Message 4 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I tried last night, hit with The TU alert (tried to pull bureau)

All (3) CB's are locked.

Message 5 of 22
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

I applied for a CLI on my Cash+ at the beginning of July and received a SP $4k bump. Don't remember what the language said at the time of the application.

(As a bonus aside, i applied for a Fidelity card CLI on the same day and got an instant HP, thanks Elan! So even though Elan are USB, they operate independently)

Message 6 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

I applied for a CLI on my Cash+ at the beginning of July and received a SP $4k bump. Don't remember what the language said at the time of the application.

(As a bonus aside, i applied for a Fidelity card CLI on the same day and got an instant HP, thanks Elan! So even though Elan are USB, they operate independently)

That is definitely not playing fair .. to try to HP you when your name is @PullingMeSoftly !

I have an Elan card, I give up on a SP CLI. Just don't think it's gonna happen.

Message 7 of 22
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

There was a period a few months ago that some folk got SP CLI despite ambiguous language. I was one of them, and while grateful, I don’t think it will happen again any time soon given everything.
Message 8 of 22
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Received 4k bump on both Cash+ cards last month, hardpull language but no pull.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried it(frozen CRs) with HP language aaaand got the "wait for letter" oh well.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.