Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP approval odds?

Hello guys well I’m in the process of paying for my wedding and want to perhaps take advantage of some SUBs.

I recently opened a checking account with chase too and getting $300 bonus.

-current line up is Amex bcp,discover it, boa cash and travel rewards under 10% usage
-My last inquiry was around fall 17
-transunion sitting at 765 and experian at 775
- have a car loan with 9k left
-no baddies and no missed payments
-5 yrs credit history

Also does csp offer introductory 0 apr?

Thanks for the responses and any suggestions guys
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CSP approval odds?

First off congrats on your future wedding!

Assuming 5/24 isn't an issue which I don't think it is you're pretty muh golden for applying for the CSP. And no at the present time the currrent CSP offer does not offer 0% intro APR and the AF is not waived either. They make up for that with an increased SUB however.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think your chances are fantastic.  I would maybe even go into your local branch and ask if you have any preapprovals.  I think you'll be approved no matter how you apply.

Message 3 of 23
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I’d say you’re in a great position to get the CSP. So few inquiries and I’m guessing not many recently opened cards. Congrats on the wedding! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 23
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Agree with everyone above. I think I've read here that some people apply for the CSR and downgrade after 1 yr to the CSP, so check out that possibility. And definitely apply in person - it sounds like lots of good things happen when someone sits in their office during an app (higher SL, lower APR, higher approval odds though yours seem good as is).

Congrats on the wedding!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely get/apply for the CSR instead of the CSP
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys!!!

I’m planning to go to the branch and apply for the CSR in the next few weeks . Gonna wait till we have more things solidify so I can pay for them and get that 4K out the way.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do not fly at least once a year and you cannot take advantage of the other reimbursements to get the annual fee down from $450 to $150 per year... then get the CSP, like you originally planned
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well all my family is in another state so I travel 2x per year and usually I fly at least once a year so I can justify the credit. I think is a solid choice so I’m going to try it. Hopefully I don’t get deny as I don’t see any offers for it when I check online.
Message 9 of 23
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I got approved for 18.7k after calling in to verify some things today. I apped Saturday for it.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.