Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP “auto approval” - I declined the offer

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

CSP “auto approval” - I declined the offer

Wasn't sure where to put this thread. 

Got an email from Chase saying I was approved (not preapproved) for the CSP with 24.49% apr and a 8k credit line. All I had to do was agree to the terms and hit submit. The offers also showed when I logged into my account.

The itch was strong, especially since the CSP is my goal card. But I resisted the urge to scratch. The ointment helps.

2 reasons.

1. I want my scores to get above 720 so I can try for a 10k or above SL. The APR doesn't bother me since I PIF anyways.

2. Although I want to take advantage of that 60k bonus after 4k spend, I don't have $4000 worth of crap I need to buy right now. Not gonna put myself in debt for that. 

They also auto approved me for the Southwest card with a 7k SL and a 25k auto loan with 5% interest for 60. I am looking for a vehicle but im not in a hurry for that one either since I want my scores to get above 740.

But I now understand the power of having good credit.

Im really happy to see I finally got approved for that card after 10 years of "no", but yea, I declined them.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: CSP “auto approval” declined

Your will power is strong. Sooner or later you're gonna get that card with a huge SL. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP “auto approval” declined

I commend your will power to resist temptation! Congratulations on your offer though Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CSP “auto approval” - I declined the offer

Declining that card at this point in time was the right move given that the APR quoted is the highest offered for that card and the mediocre APR they offered you for the auto loan.

Keep your nose clean and they'll eventually come back to you with better offers.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 22
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Declining that card at this point in time was the right move given that the APR quoted is the highest offered for that card and the mediocre APR they offered you for the auto loan.

Keep your nose clean and they'll eventually come back to you with better offers.

+1

This is good advice! You say you PIF, but that APR is final. Chase doesn't do APR reductions. Every so often a promo reduction might come around, but infrequent.

Message 5 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your offer!
Message 6 of 22
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

That's some will power!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 7 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I wish Chase would give me pre-approvals

Nice work on getting those nice offers

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 22
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

That offer is so tempting that I had to resist the urge to click on the screenshot you posted Smiley Very Happy

I agree with you, and the others above, that it was probably the right move to wait this one out. You're on their radar for that card now, so it's likely that the offer will only get better the more your profile improves.

That said, I've been waiting a long time for a green checkmark for the Freedom, and if one popped up with a 12,000% APR and a $200 limit I'd probably still take it Smiley LOL

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on holding out!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.