Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Pending decision

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR Pending decision

Hello!

Went to a Chase branch today to apply for a CF, but found out I was pre- approved for the CSR. I rolled the dice and applied for the CSR. I was told I need to wait between 1 and 2 weeks for a decision by the person the banker called. I was advised not to apply for a CF right away for a possible combined HP. Called a recon later and he said the decision is pending and it could take up to 30 days. Any successful stories? My credit history is thin, one BofA Cashrewards 1.5x years old with a CL 1600. Clean history. 778 FICO, 735 TU, 734 EX. Thanks everyone for the input.

15 REPLIES 15
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: CSR Pending decision

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello!

Went to a Chase branch today to apply for a CF, but found out I was pre- approved for the CSR. I rolled the dice and applied for the CSR. I was told I need to wait between 1 and 2 weeks for a decision by the person the banker called. I was advised not to apply for a CF right away for a possible combined HP. Called a recon later and he said the decision is pending and it could take up to 30 days. Any successful stories? My credit history is thin, one BofA Cashrewards 1.5x years old with a CL 1600. Clean history. 778 FICO, 735 TU, 734 EX. Thanks everyone for the input.

Yea your file is super thin the CSR is a Visa Infinite if i'm not mistaken minimum starting line is 10K u might have aimed to high to start off with Chase u might have got instant approval if u had chosen a different card.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 30 day message seems to often end in a happy ending.

If you do get the rejection letter however, go for the "backdoor" reconsideration lines a few times. Never hurts to try. 15 minutes could end up w a CSR! Think of the benefits!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never give up. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear that CSR inbranch pre-approval still exist. Some data points were hinting they ended the pre-approval for CSR.

Good luck, I bet you get it! If not, recon a few times.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I was surprised as well to see that they had that in branch. Online I only had 4 offers, Slate, CF, CFU, and CSP, but in branch I had about 8 offers with my thing credit history. I don’t know if it helps that I have a student checking acc with Chase for 6 years. Anyway thanks for the info, and will recon until I can get somewhere!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good to hear that CSR inbranch pre-approval still exist. Some data points were hinting they ended the pre-approval for CSR.

Good luck, I bet you get it! If not, recon a few times.

In-branch CSR pre-approval was exactly what I had on December 9th this year. I was actually pre-approved for both CSP and CSR at that time so I went for CSR right away. Any more recent data points suggesting the end of CSR pre-approval?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase temporarily dropped preapprovals for CSR back in January 2017 or so.

Last week, they hired Barclays exec Matthew Massaua to take over the entire Sapphire line, and there were some rumors floating around that Massaua would end those in-branch preapprovals, but nothing concrete.  Just rumors/thoughts.

Sapphire Reserve has been losing Chase something around $100 million to $200 million a year, but 90% of account holders are continuing it into year two so without that initial 100K SUB, they'll probably at least break even.

According to both of my branch managers at two high volume branches, in-branch apps for CSR are still extremely popular.

Amex sheds many tears.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for their responses!

Yes they are. I’ve read from a few people that they were pre qualified. Anyway, still waiting, still getting the 30 day from the automated machine. Getting anxious to call recon, but I don’t want to seem desperate. Also thinking about applying for a CF. Wonder if they would use the same HP.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.