cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I apply for another CC while awaiting decision on another?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I apply for another CC while awaiting decision on another?

Last week I applied for a chase freedom CC and got the dreaded "we need more time to review" message. I called the backdoor number today and the nice gentleman on the phone said that it looks like I will be approved, but some info on my app is currently being "verified." Probably my employment since I recently started a new job, not too worried since I can verify everything on my app. The "verification" department is not open today but I will try to call tomorrow (even though it is Memorial Day) or Tuesday.

Also, during the last week I got a pre-approved offer for the CapitalOne quicksilver cc. This pre-approved offer expires May 31 (in 2 days). I would like to know if applying for this one now could have any effect on my Chase Freedom application?

My understanding is that Chase pulled my info whatever day that I applied last week, so applying for a card today wouldn't affect that application, but that is just a guess I do not know that for sure. Does anybody else have any input?

I would greatly appreciate it! I've been building/re-buikding credit slowly but pretty successfully for less than a year now but do not have my own unsecured credit card. I will throw a party on Main St if I get approved for this Chase Freedom card, or any unsecured card. My scores range from 715-720. Not sure if this matters, but everyone includes it so I thought I would too.

Thanks in advance!!! I owe all my success in building credit to the information on this forum! You guys are the best!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it ok to apply for a diff cc while waiting to hear back on another?

Will have no effect.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I apply for another CC while awaiting decision on another?

You have this same post in the rebuilding forum. Only one post is needed. This should be here and not in the rebuilding forum.

My response on your other post was it will have no effect on your Chase application.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize. Wasn't sure where to post. Will delete it on the other forum. Thanks for your response, much appreciated!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shoot do you know how to delete? Sorry! Clearly new around here and apparently an idiot Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

A moderator will take care of it when they see it. Not a problem, just letting you know. Welcome to the forums!

You're not an idiot!

Message 6 of 9
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applying for a second card while awaiting decision for another?

If you want the Quicksilver, go ahead and apply. Smiley Happy Chase has already pulled your report, and even if they hadn't, one more inquiry wouldn't hurt. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the forum a great place to learn!! No idiots here just some eager beavers!! Smiley Happy . We rebuilders are sometimes to caught up in quick draw shooting ehen all we really need is a nice steady aim... haha.. follow the excellent advice here and you can really make your scores work for you!!
Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi there OP and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

I have removed the cross posts from the other forums only a mod can totally remove a post from the forums. If you need to notify a mod you can use the pull down options menu in the upper right hand corner of each post and send us the request with the report inappropriate content line.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.