Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI Monthly Spending w/ Cards Question

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 CLI Monthly Spending w/ Cards Question

Cap1's website asks the normal questions in the CLI section (Income, Employment and Mortgage/Rent Amount). They also ask about Monthly Spending With Credit Cards. Do you think the answer has any impact on the CLI amount if it's approved?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Cap 1 CLI Monthly Spending w/ Cards Question

It did not for me. Whether I put that I spent several thousand each month on my QS Visa or put nothing, they still offered me the same massive $400 cli.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had minimal luck with Capital One CLI's.  I started with a $3000 limit and at 6 months received $500 and at 12 months received another $500 for a whopping $4000 CL.  My FICO scores are 728-743 which aren't fantastic, but certainly more worthy than a $4000 limit IMO.

For over a year now I've been running $1000-$1500 through the card per month on average and either PIF or leaving a few bucks as a balance.  When doing the CLI requests I've tried small amounts like $300 and large amounts like $3000 and neither has made a difference as both of my only two CLI's have been $500 each.

I'm actually very much looking forward to apping for new cards in the next week or two and the QS will be put on the back burner.  Maybe when Capital One sees that I have cards that are approved with SL's greater than their CL after two CLI's they'll follow suit and start giving some real CLI's.  If not, the QS will find itself in the SD except for the ossasional pack of gum purchase just to ensure it keeps a pulse.

Message 3 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think it matters one bit...seems like you're going to get what you're going to get...regardless of what you put in that box...but that's just my opinion.

Message 4 of 10
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had minimal luck with Capital One CLI's.  I started with a $3000 limit and at 6 months received $500 and at 12 months received another $500 for a whopping $4000 CL.  My FICO scores are 728-743 which aren't fantastic, but certainly more worthy than a $4000 limit IMO.

For over a year now I've been running $1000-$1500 through the card per month on average and either PIF or leaving a few bucks as a balance.  When doing the CLI requests I've tried small amounts like $300 and large amounts like $3000 and neither has made a difference as both of my only two CLI's have been $500 each.

I'm actually very much looking forward to apping for new cards in the next week or two and the QS will be put on the back burner.  Maybe when Capital One sees that I have cards that are approved with SL's greater than their CL after two CLI's they'll follow suit and start giving some real CLI's.  If not, the QS will find itself in the SD except for the ossasional pack of gum purchase just to ensure it keeps a pulse.

Increase amounts are hard to figure out.  I have cards that get very little use and they receive decent increaess and then there are cards that find their way out of my wallet a lot but they get little to no luv. I was giving my Barclay card a LOT of use but it hasn't grown in over a year.  My oldest QS went from $9K to $12K last month. It just had a little bit of use.  Venture One card went from $12K to $13K last night. That also only gets used a little bit. It's previous increase was $3K with the same amount of use. Your scores are higher than mine so I don't think it's score related. 

For the monthy spending question, I usually leave it blank. I don't want to say to little and not get much because of that and I don't want to say that I use it to much. I PIF most months. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 10
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

I agree,  I thinks it more of a survey than anything,  I always leave it blank! 

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 6 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Figuring out how they decide increases would be tough to even estimate. As with anything ymmv, and it's likey that the results vary even between poeple with the exact same profile. No true explanation sometimes.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 10
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

A jpeg of a dartboard would basically explain their cli decisions.

Message 8 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It's doubtful spend info means anything. CLI's are determined by algorithms that factor in your spend and pay habits. There's some science to it and a little mystery involved in the process as well, good luck figuring out the mystery part.
Message 9 of 10
masscredit
Valued Contributor

It must be nice to work deep in the credit industry and know what credit card companies are looking for to get the maximum increases. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.