cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One 1/6 rule

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Visitor

Cap One 1/6 rule

Within a month after our Ch. 13 discharge in June, my wife got a QS with a $5000 SL and I got a Venture with a $5000 SL. After 3 months, I checked the CO prequals and was invited for a QS with a $1000 SL. My wife has been invited to go for a Platinum. Are we getting these second CO cards within 6 months because they are lower than our original cards? Is it worth waiting for the 6 months to expire for a premium card from them. Our UTI is high. Our scores are 610-640.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One 1/6 rule

You have 2 top tier cards from Cap1. Why go backwards? Especially the Plat. Time to look for other bank cards with better rewards. Disco just might approve you now.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.