cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Application wait time

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Cap One Application wait time

I'm wondering what is the wait time between capital one applications. I currently dont have a cap one card, and applied a couple weeks ago but was denied due to previous delinquency. The balance was paid off and updated on my credit reports. So, do I have to wait the 6 month time frame?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Application wait time

You are free to test the waters of the Triple Credit Bureau Smackdown as frequently and often as you wish, however highly ill-advised Smiley Very Happy Depending on the timeframe since referenced Baddie and without knowing other DPs you may just want to wait the standard hiatus between apps. You can always do a SP PreQual on their site if youre feeling froggy after 3 months but I wouldnt even waste the pulls any sooner than that.

~ This is Chess... It ain't Checkers!!! ~
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Honestly, I don't think another triple HP is worth it so soon for a Cap1 card. Try a lender that only pulls one bureau just to minimize the hit and inquiries on your credit. 

Current Collection:

Future Additions:
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

What specific card are you trying to get from Cap 1?

Michigan Schools & Gov't Credit Union Classic Visa Card | $3kDiscover Student Cash Back | $2300Capital One Savor Card v1 | $11k AUAmex 1.5% CB | $2kBest Buy Store Card | $3k

July 2018
Ford Credit Loan $199.26/month (3 yrs)
January 2019
Discover Cash it Card $500
Michigan Schools and Gov't CU Card $1,000
February 2019
Self Lender Loan (Closed July 2019)
May 2019
Discover CLI $1.2k
July 2019
Discover System CLI $600
Amex $2,000
Best Buy Store Card $3,000
October 2019
MSGCU CLI $2k

Eyes on Credit Cards
BoA Cash Rewards (with or without Student Verison)Gas Card with 5% Cashback w/ no AF2% Cashback EverythingDining & Entertainment Category Card
Message 4 of 5
Regular Contributor

I had two delinquencies with them, both charged-off from 2016, and they approved me for a card.  If I were you, I would just keep hitting the prequal button until you are pre-approved for a card.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC'd to Quicksilver (9/19) - $600 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $1500 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA (6/19) - $700 CL - (Doubles to $1400 CL 12/19)
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $1000 CL

Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528
Experian FICO Score - 9/2019: 647
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.