Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One experience

tag
dursty87
Established Contributor

Cap One experience

So on 11/12 I applied for a Venture card from Cap One in addition to applying for B of A and Chase ( which were both approved after providing verification over the phone ). I have a fraud alert on all 3 of my credit reports when I applied as well as security freezes which I lifted and/or provided the pin prior to my mini spree.

Chase and B of A were manual verification over the phone , ya know, the random public info questions.

Cap One wanted documentation to be faxed or mailed in. So I mailed them a copy of my SSN and a copy of my internet bill. Called to check the status of the application and they say it was denied because the Internet bill is not proof of address. Ok, whatever, I swear the first rep told me it would work when I asked but ok. So I am traveling across the U.S. and they say I can fax them a copy of my bank statements. OK, so I did when I stopped at a hotel for the night. Called to check to make sure they received it, which they did, but they told me I was denied because my reports were frozen. Whaaattt? So the initial 3 pulls wasn't enough they tried to pull again. Sure enough they did because I got an alert from them pulling TU which is the only one that isn't frozen. So now I'm declined because they couldn't pull EXP or EQ for a 2nd time.

I was so angry after going back and forth I hung up. Seriously, giving up 3 pulls is enough to begin with. Why is it necessary to pull 3 more after verifying its me all within 30 days.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't understand this company.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One experience

Contact EO Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good lord, that is terrible. I agree with the above poster. Contact the EO.

Message 3 of 18
upnorth
New Contributor

What is an EO?

UNFCU Visa Azure $45k, Sams Master Card $35k, Amex Costco $25k, Fidelity Visa $25k, Chase Freedom $18k, Cap 1 Mastercard $12.5k, Kohls $1.5k, Cancelled on my own BA $25 (it was Schwab card earlier) and Chase Saffire $22k. Also have 2 business cards with Chase and 1 Amex Open. AU Target $2500.
Scores: 11/14 EX 801; 11/14 TU FICO 805; 11/14 Van 823
Message 4 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Executive Office.  Search on here and you'll find the number and or email.  Someone that knows could PM you the info as well.  You definitely need to contact the EO.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 5 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Link to ceo executive office email search below. Good Luck!

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why ALL of these CCC's don't have a system in place where they hard pull you and then that pull goes into a database they can access for a given amount of time from all other departments within the system. HPing somebody every day because they don't have access to the CR (or whatever reason) is ridiculous.

Then when you want a cli they use a report from 2 months earlier.

Message 7 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why ALL of these CCC's don't have a system in place where they hard pull you and then that pull goes into a database they can access for a given amount of time from all other departments within the system. HPing somebody every day because they don't have access to the CR (or whatever reason) is ridiculous.

Funny how that works isnt itSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
dursty87
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You would figure they would have something like that in place...

I was already hesitant about giving up three pulls initially but ultimately bit the bullet. There's no reason it should take 6 for a single CC application.  I've already given 4 and then denied because it wasn't enough? Lol...

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will reach out to the EO here shortly. I will keep the post updated if/when something changes. 

Message 9 of 18
uswala
Senior Contributor

@ssondubs wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You would figure they would have something like that in place...

I was already hesitant about giving up three pulls initially but ultimately bit the bullet. There's no reason it should take 6 for a single CC application.  I've already given 4 and then denied because it wasn't enough? Lol...

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will reach out to the EO here shortly. I will keep the post updated if/when something changes. 

Good luck with EO.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.