Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QuickSilver Pre-Approval

tag
rushingjr
Valued Member

Cap1 QuickSilver Pre-Approval

My wife has a Cap1 card and I'm an authorized user.  They increased the CL earlier this year to $2K.  They also sent an email to my wife saying she was pre-approved for the quick silver card.  It'll be nice to transfer balances to that card and agressively pay it down w/ the 0%.  She'll get a bump in pay next month and we already plan to pay down debt.  

Her scores are mid600s.  

Do you think she'll actually get approved and with a deceent CL?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 QuickSilver Pre-Approval

Likely...

Message 2 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Which card is it? Is it the platinum? How long has she had the card? What was the starting limit on the card? Did she go through credit steps?
Message 3 of 7
Snoopy916
Valued Member

My experience...

I had a Cap One MC. i think i had $1500 IIB. a few months after discharge, got another one with a $700 limit, paid on it for a few months ,limit increased to $1,500.  My scores were around 670 at the time, and was approved for the Quiksilver card with a $2000 limit, maybe 14 months after the BK discharge.

Message 4 of 7
rushingjr
Valued Member

It's the platinum.  Had it for over 10 years.  Has a $2100 CL now, started much less than that.

Message 5 of 7
rushingjr
Valued Member

I just did the app online and was approved for $3k.  Time to transfer balances at 0% until May 2020!

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update and congrats on the approval @rushingjr.

Locking this thread as per the approval. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.