Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Venture

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Venture

Hi all,

I have major expense coming up around 40k.  Due to the huge spend I am thinking of applying for the CIP (biz) and also the Cap1 Venture card.

Personal (Combine Util below 5%)

Chase Hyatt -approved Feb 17, 2021; spent nearly 15k in 3 months. 

Amex Green - Approved Nov 15, 2020Personal (Combine Util below 5%)

1) In the past I had a Cap1 Khols applied in 2018 but closed by Cap1 on Oct 2020 for no activities since 2018. I got preapproved for Quick Silver Rewards 0%Apr for 15months Var APR after that. SaverOne Rewards and Secure Mastercard.

2) Income of 170k with biz income 1000-2000

cheers

FICO 8.0 - Personal. Always paid my bill on time and no -ve report on my file

Exp 739 (May 21) - 3 HP (1 decline Citi)

TU - 723 (Jan 21) 

Equi- 712 (Jan 21)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CIP and Cap1 Venture

@Anonymous- for any prospective business applications, please post in the Business Credit section.  This section of the forums is primarily for personal/consumer credit card apps.  TY.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Venture

My Apologies...Updated the Subject too

Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 Venture

Are the Hyatt and AmEx (personal) Green the only two credit card accounts on your profile or are these the 2 most recently obtained?  What's the CL on the Hyatt?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyatt CL is $5k

Yes only the Hyatt and Amex Green (Personal) are active on my profile. 

I have 3 HP from Nov 15, 20 as per experian. The other HP was from Citi (decline) Jan 15, 20 since I applied just for the Amex. The decline letter said I did not have revolving credit.

In the past I had a Amex Blue card (Personal) closed in Sep 2019 and in 2018 couple of store cards to get discounts at the stores. 

Amex Green - SUB received

Hyatt - SUB on 3k spend received and may receive the SUB for 15k this month or the next (pending transactions).

Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hyatt CL is $5k

Yes only the Hyatt and Amex Green (Personal) are active on my profile. 

I have 3 HP from Nov 15, 20 as per experian. The other HP was from Citi (decline) Jan 15, 20 since I applied just for the Amex. The decline letter said I did not have revolving credit.

In the past I had a Amex Blue card (Personal) closed in Sep 2019 and in 2018 couple of store cards to get discounts at the stores. 

Amex Green - SUB received

Hyatt - SUB on 3k spend received and may receive the SUB for 15k this month or the next (pending transactions).

Ok, thanks for the background on your profile.

IMO, your overall profile might be to thin for the Venture card, especially since the Hyatt card hasn't been opened for that long.  Typically, the minimum SL for Venture is $5K, and they may not see much established revolving experience with your current profile (i.e. too new).

What is your comfort level with AFs, since both Hyatt and personal Green have them.  Is there a specific threshold that you've considered or are you fairly open to them.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am quiet comfortable with AF.

Correct me if I am wrong: Hold off the Amex cards after I complete my Chase 5/24 first. For the short term I am valuing Lounge perk as $0 since As I already get the travel perks like Lounge etc with Amex Plat Biz.

I am Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond (expires in 2022 Mar), Oneworld Emerald 

I am looking for cards with no FX fee (Not in any particular order)

1) Flexible Points card (CSP, Citi Premier etc)

2) Hotel - Hilton and Marriott (I already have the Hyatt Chase card)

3) Airlines - AA and United (International ones) since they r Oneworld and *Alliance and card holders they release more reward flights

Message 7 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am quiet comfortable with AF.

Correct me if I am wrong: Hold off the Amex cards after I complete my Chase 5/24 first. For the short term I am valuing Lounge perk as $0 since As I already get the travel perks like Lounge etc with Amex Plat Biz.

I am Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond (expires in 2022 Mar), Oneworld Emerald 

I am looking for cards with no FX fee (Not in any particular order)

1) Flexible Points card (CSP, Citi Premier etc)

2) Hotel - Hilton and Marriott (I already have the Hyatt Chase card)

3) Airlines - AA and United (International ones) since they r Oneworld and *Alliance and card holders they release more reward flights

Ok, good to know.

So, currently you're at 2/24 (Hyatt and AmEx Green), correct?  How many Chase CCs are you planning on obtaining in the next 12-24 months, besides CIP? (since they will go by the 5/24 restriction as well).

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mandatory card in order

1. Hilton Aspire (May 2022 since Hilton Diamond expires 31 Mar 2022)
  2. Citi Premier, CSP/CIP & Cap 1 Venture - Flexible Points and covers alot of airlines and hotels
  3. United (Per/biz), AA (Per/Biz), Alaska (Per/Biz)
  4. Amex Plat Charge/Gold - Huge Spend

Since from the Chase Personal only the CSP is important the other 2 could be Biz (CIP and United). I can managed the 5/24.

I have had a citi check account for more than 6 months and was a Citi customer (check) in the past. 

If I play it safe, Citi might be safe to get approved (In order). However I have this huge spend coming up and Amex Plat Charge might be a good option but it will take one of the slots or Amex Gold Biz.

Message 9 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Mandatory card in order

1. Hilton Aspire (May 2022 since Hilton Diamond expires 31 Mar 2022)
  2. Citi Premier, CSP/CIP & Cap 1 Venture - Flexible Points and covers alot of airlines and hotels
  3. United (Per/biz), AA (Per/Biz), Alaska (Per/Biz)
  4. Amex Plat Charge/Gold - Huge Spend

Since from the Chase Personal only the CSP is important the other 2 could be Biz (CIP and United). I can managed the 5/24.

I have had a citi check account for more than 6 months and was a Citi customer (check) in the past. 

If I play it safe, Citi might be safe to get approved (In order). However I have this huge spend coming up and Amex Plat Charge might be a good option but it will take one of the slots or Amex Gold Biz.

Ok.  Yeah, I was going to suggest the AmEx personal Platinum (100K MR SUB floating around) or the AmEx Hilton Surpass which is featuring a 200K SUB); however your listed order might prove tricky.  But, given the timing and your Chase 5/24 slots, you may have to juggle things around or sacrifice a slot. 

For CSP (even CIP) + Venture, given the constraints of your newish profile, it's may be a bit out-of-reach in the interim.  If you would have been approved for Hyatt at a higher limit, I would be more inclined to suggest CSP (minimum SL $5K), but not sure if Chase has any juice left right now - possibly.  Citi Premier might be doable after 1 year of your oldest account -- again, consider your slots.  If it were me, I would focus on CIP and/or CSP vs Venture and Citi, tbh.  At least, if approved, you've secured your Chase 5/24 slots.

This leaves United (even if it's biz) as your potential last slot.  All the others can be achieved once Chase has been achieved.

On the upside, since you are flexible with AFs, it's your current profile, the timing of your expense, and the potential account slots that are key.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.