Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Credit Steps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne Credit Steps?

After completing credit steps with Capital One and getting the increase from 300 to 500 how long do you have to wait to be eligible for another CL increase?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Credit Steps?

6 months
Message 2 of 7
Traveler101
Established Contributor

follow up faq on cap1 site. credit limit specifically. You will be fine.will be sp for inc.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent me an email not long after the first statement cut; it takes six months in total.

Message 4 of 7
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it's the most relevant.  I'm in the same boat as you.   Received CLI to $750 in early Nov (Platinum).   Today, I hit the PC link. 

I AM Eligible for upgrade to no AF QS card. I'll get 1.5% Cash back (etc.) but rate & CL will be unchanged at 23%, 750. 

I think my Scores will be better in a couple of months-- I'm working diligently on reducing my util this holiday season.   Should I accept this now or wait?   Will Cap 1 continue to CLI and/or reduce rates or will I be bucketed here?  Thank you each & all. 

-- Oh, FYI, Cap One Creditwise shows me at 636.  That's TU Vantage 3.0, for what it's worth. 

Thank you again. 

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 5 of 7
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
After completing credit steps with Capital One and getting the increase from 300 to 500 how long do you have to wait to be eligible for another CL increase?

Got my bump from 300 to 500 in Mar'19. Then they gave me an auto CLI to 1500 in Jul'19 (4mo).

DP's: thin/only that one card, fico8 was ~604 when app'd, was spending about 50-60% Util but paying down to ~8% for statement cut and then PIF.

You can mash the button 6mo after your last bump, but they can auto bump it whenever they want if they like your spend/payments

Message 6 of 7
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it's the most relevant.  I'm in the same boat as you.   Received CLI to $750 in early Nov (Platinum).   Today, I hit the PC link. 

I AM Eligible for upgrade to no AF QS card. I'll get 1.5% Cash back (etc.) but rate & CL will be unchanged at 23%, 750. 

I think my Scores will be better in a couple of months-- I'm working diligently on reducing my util this holiday season.   Should I accept this now or wait?   Will Cap 1 continue to CLI and/or reduce rates or will I be bucketed here?  Thank you each & all. 

-- Oh, FYI, Cap One Creditwise shows me at 636.  That's TU Vantage 3.0, for what it's worth. 

Thank you again. 

Pretty sure your rates don't change on a PC (correct me if I'm wrong). You can call and ask for a rate reduction, but you will need more history and a better score. As far as CLI you just got one, can't determine if you're bucketed until they continually refuse to increase. If you PC it you'll be earning cash back tho so thats a plus

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.