tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne Venture Card tripple pull, FIA AMEX EX pull

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats on the new cards.

6 months with no charges on a new Sallie Mae? 5% groceries isn't enough of an incentive to get you to use it?

had some financial issues, and figured it would be better not to add another minimum payment to the mix, should start using it this month. Started a new job last month. 

Minimum payment? What's that?

its number i double or tripple to figure out how much I'm actually going to pay. After having the year from hell last year, and being a contractor, I can't always PIF, though I would like too. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats on the new cards.

6 months with no charges on a new Sallie Mae? 5% groceries isn't enough of an incentive to get you to use it?

had some financial issues, and figured it would be better not to add another minimum payment to the mix, should start using it this month. Started a new job last month. 

Minimum payment? What's that?

I think it's one of those money makin' machine thingys those billion dollar lenders use to make more billions... I think.

No but seriously most people have at some point or will at some point need to carry a balance Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's like I said before.

I've never just made a minimum payment on a CC.

Either I paid more than minimum or I didn't pay at all. Smiley Tongue

I understand the need for that occasionally though. Best to not worry about rewards and just charge to lowest APR card when you are going to have to just pay minimums for a while.

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's like I said before.

I understand the need for that occasionally though. Best to not worry about rewards and just charge to lowest APR card when you are going to have to just pay minimums for a while.

LOL you heard it here from Nixon. If you can only make the minimum payment on a CC might as well just not pay at all!

Message 14 of 28
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your new cards. Nice limits!  I don't understand why everybody hits Cap1 so hard for their triple pulls Smiley Surprised if you consider anything afterwards is only SP.  Example if I had done what I have done on my Cap1 QS I would not only have 3 pulls but 8 pulls if this  would have been a Chase card...lol... hardly anybody complains about the Chase double pulls for anything and everyghing.  I still prefer a 1 time triple and the it's over with HPs.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's like I said before.

LOL you heard it here from Nixon. If you can only make the minimum payment on a CC might as well just not pay at all!

That's what led me to C/O 3 CC's back in 2008.

AMEX was the only CC not to be C/O'd.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's like I said before.

Ah so now you know better I see Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's like I said before.

Ah so now you know better I see Smiley Wink

Much better.

I still don't pay minimums.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

Congrats on your new cards. Nice limits!  I don't understand why everybody hits Cap1 so hard for their triple pulls Smiley Surprised if you consider anything afterwards is only SP.  Example if I had done what I have done on my Cap1 QS I would not only have 3 pulls but 8 pulls if this  would have been a Chase card...lol... hardly anybody complains about the Chase double pulls for anything and everyghing.  I still prefer a 1 time triple and the it's over with HPs.

Because it's Cap1

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Because it's Cap1

What's so bad about Cap1? I know some people get stuck in a rut with them but that is rare. I feel they have a good place in the credit industry. They have rebuilder/first time credit options as well as Prime options for low risk/high income people. They are not known to ever throw a curveball and close accounts or CLD, just the opposite really. Is there something I'm missing Smiley Happy?

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.