Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 QS CLI Question!!!!

tag
chingo74
Established Member

Capital 1 QS CLI Question!!!!

Last month I applied for a CLI on my QS mastercard that had been upgraded from Platimun the previous month. When I upgarded, CSR  assured me that nothing would change with my account other than the benefits of having QS and that if I needed a CLI I could simply go online and apply for one. My last last CLI on this account was in December of 2015.  This is the message I received from them last month 

"A credit limit increase is currently not available upon request because Capital One is evaluating account activity at assigned credit limits".

I further asked Cap1 about this and they said I could apply for another CLI this month, should I give it a try? Any thoughts!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital 1 QS CLI Question!!!!

Yes, definately give it a try.  You can try for a CLI as many times as you want as it is a softpull. Update the thread with results..

Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Absolutely! Try it. Curious on what happens.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
chingo74
Established Member

I did pull the trigger on yesterday...........2-3 days pending review. I wonder what their excuse is this time. Can't talk to a live person for a CLI honestly?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, only via that online form.

They are usually good at CLIs every 3 months or so, but i haven't been using my QS since April so I'm thinking they won't give my any more.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jus got approved for this card, and honestly I think I will be canaceling it. The $39 annual fee is a joke, and not worth it with a $500 CL when I have other cards from other banks ranging from mostly $1,500 - $5,000.How are they gonna give me the same limit as there secured card?

Message 6 of 8
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Opened (May/June 2014) with $500, 90 Days CLI added $1,000, 6 Month Line Increase $500 (Dec 2015), 6 Month Line Increase $1,000 (June 2016) = $3000

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yoloswag, there's no point in closing the card, you've taken the hit and the AF gets assessed right away.

Best bet is to charge, pay, charge, pay and at the 90 day mark ask for a CLI. It's not guaranteed but lots of people successful with it. You will automatically get an increase from credit steps, be patient and see what it is.

You can ask before the annual fee hits if they will remove the fee or if there are any offers on your account to upgrade to a no fee card.

My QS1 history $3k -> $8k -> $8.5k in six months. Then it was upgrade to a no fee QS WMC. It's hardly the card it started as.......
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.