Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI- *Raspberry* LOL

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Capital One CLI- *Raspberry* LOL

Hello my Fico Friends..

I have this Quicksilver card with a limit that messes with my slight OCD $4750. 

I requested a cli, it went to 2 days review and declined: "The usage on this card has been too low"  Facepalm.gif

You mean they actually want me to use the card? Tongue Raspberry.gif

It's my own fault, I barely use it- so I know, I need to swipe, swipe, swipe it and then ask again in 60-90 days but still.

You'd think they could throw me a $250 increase geeze. 

I guess the denial reason could've been worse but honestly, it's circular reasoning.. I don't use the card because at $475, it's at 10% uti, I PIF but if I miss and it reports- well... They don't want to increase because I don't use it.. 

Just wanted to share my frustration.. Feel free to vent your own.

Have a lovely day.. aaa Dreaming.gif

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI- *Raspberry* LOL

No worries you're not alone, I'm also a proud member of the Low Usage Club, member since June 2017.
Message 2 of 15
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No worries you're not alone, I'm also a proud member of the Low Usage Club, member since June 2017.

Thank you! At least I'm not alone.. 0You'reTheBest.gif

Perhaps we need a new club. LOL 

Message 3 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I think you answered your own question 😁 Use it!

I bet if you start putting some moderate spend (upwards of $2K or more) on a consistent basis then it would likely budge 😊

Alternatively, to tackle the "OCD" piece, you could "CLD" to $4,700 so it doesn't leave that $50 dangling out there.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, there is always the Not Enough Experience Club at Discover if you need a change of scenery. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 15
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@ Finstar- Do they really do that? I might have to call them lol. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, there is always the Not Enough Experience Club at Discover if you need a change of scenery. Smiley Tongue

Ahh yes, I have membership in that one already. AAsmileysnicker.gif

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m a card-carrying member of both of those clubs. I’m hoping not to become a member of the “no 3x AmEx for you” club in January also. Too many clubs to keep track of...
Message 7 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Hello my Fico Friends..

I have this Quicksilver card with a limit that messes with my slight OCD $4750. 

I requested a cli, it went to 2 days review and declined: "The usage on this card has been too low"  Facepalm.gif

Ahhh....I've been there before..... the good old "usage has been too low" denial reason...Well, I guess you'll just have to "Charge It" To Da Game!  LITERALLY Smiley HappySmiley Wink  No, seriously, start charging it!!Smiley Very Happy..

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That being said I’ll keep my QS open, put the iTunes-related billing on it and get AU cards for my 15 year old daughter and 14 year old son. Give them the cards if they’re going out with friends to a movie or something along with a spending limit and just let it keep on doing its thing.
Message 9 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I belong to...

Discover's " We dont count Hulk Smashing as a valid form of credit card use" club....

Citi's " Try our SP language for 18 months and we will give you 18 months NO CLI at 0% apr " club

Amex"s " We cannot give you increase within 6 months of a previous one but you may try the never ending 6 month loop to see if our reply ever changes" club

Boa's " One soup, one flavor, one limit, one card for life" club

.Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.