Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI

Ok. Well then get in a time machine, go back 6 months, and request a CLI. Lol jk .You are good to go. How much did you plan to request?

Edit: And what are your current scores like? Either way it doesnt matter .Cap1 uses an internal scoring system as well so as long as youve had a good relationship with them and had no recent late payments in the last year your good to go. Id ask for at least 6k if I were you. But it's all up to you .

Message 11 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can't request a certain limit unless something has changed; I admittedly haven't requested one from them in awhile. You just input your income and a few other things and then the computer spits out the CLI they're willing to give you to accept or decline.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried and received the 2-3 day message. Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry to hear that. They'll send you an electronic message you can check on your online account to see the reason(s) for the decline.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the record, it's 3 months after account opening, 6 months after CLI and no time limit after denial.
Message 15 of 19
Nikame81

Capital one never approves my increases. I use the heck out of my card. They always give me different excuses. One was actually using my card too much...smh. I only got one increase, which was the credit steps after six months.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 Cap One cards and they rarely give credit increases to me, I was shocked that my 1 card I just got an automatic increase of $500, then I thought I would try for one on my other card that only has $1,000 cl, so they gave me a measley $100 increase. Not very generous. 

Message 17 of 19
mspenny
Valued Member

They shot me down too! Stated balances too high on existing accts, and monthly payments were too low. WTH are they talking about when my existing accounts are with them!! and I just paid them off after always making more than minimum payments on time.

Message 18 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Minimum payments aren't enough to please lenders. Payments should be substantially over the minimum. Or better, one should be in the habit of paying in full. Capital One in particular likes paying in full.

That said, a denial doesn't reset the clock for future CLI requests. After a couple of months of paying in full, try again. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.