Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLIs and moving CL

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLIs and moving CL

You can call customer service and ask them if your card is eligible for a product change to a regular Quicksiler Card (NOT Quicksiver One). If you are at least you could get 1.5% CB rewards. There's no hard pull or other harm in asking. 

Message 11 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's most likely bucketed, and the fact that they unsecured it wouldn't change that. That card is most likely stuck at its current limit forever OR growth will be very limited. Also, Cap One doesn't allow reallocation at the moment. That stopped several years ago. Even though your file has improved, the card is forever attached to however your file looked at the time of its approval. So, yes, if you were so inclined, you could apply for a new card and probably fare much better.

Also, closing it wouldn't hurt your AAoA. It would remain on your reports for up to 10 years (or more).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

my first CC was Plat secured last April, started at 500 and got 200 CLI about 6 months later.

Then this January applied for SO(Good credit version, found out belatedly, so no SUB; never trust Nerdwallet), 2000 SL.

SO yeah maybe just try for another card.

Personally hoping for that Plat card to get unsecured, and thinking of PCing to Venture One(can't apply for another card anyway, since I got SO recently) Even if it doesn't get further CLI lol, maybe can use it for small travel expense via Expedia(CO portal has 5%), wonder if airbnb counts as travel too. Or maybe just get 1.5% via Quicksilver but I already have 2% card(CITI DC)

Message 13 of 14
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my first CC was Plat secured last April, started at 500 and got 200 CLI about 6 months later.

Then this January applied for SO(Good credit version, found out belatedly, so no SUB; never trust Nerdwallet), 2000 SL.

SO yeah maybe just try for another card.

Personally hoping for that Plat card to get unsecured, and thinking of PCing to Venture One(can't apply for another card anyway, since I got SO recently) Even if it doesn't get further CLI lol, maybe can use it for small travel expense via Expedia(CO portal has 5%), wonder if airbnb counts as travel too. Or maybe just get 1.5% via Quicksilver but I already have 2% card(CITI DC)

I hope you can PC and that I can too. Ideally I'd like to PC to the 2% card, but I don't want to wait too long. I am estimating that my credit would need 6-9 months of aging for me to qualify for their 2% card since they are cautious. Even then, I wonder if they would find some reason to decline me for that one.

If I can get the 1.5% from CapOne, I guess I might spend a couple thousand on it, but I wonder if twice is enough for a CL. Spend close to the limit, pay it off, spend maybe half the limit, pay it off, spend close to the limit, pay it off.

I do AZEO.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.