Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Current trends

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One - Current trends

I've had a lot of success with Capital One. However, I know their policies may have changed since I last apped.

CH7 BK discharged 9/15 - TU FICO 707 - Quicksilver $14,700 - Discover it - $13,000 - Overstock $5000

How many applications can I do at a time? My previous strategy was to apply for a prime card, and then if denied I try for a sub-prime. That way even if I don't add a prime card with a sign up bonus, I can add a card which I can later use for an account combination. That way the HP is not a total waste. There have been occasions where I had to do three applications before I got a card. 

Can I get the $150 with $500 spend Quicksilver bonus if I've already received it previously? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One - Current trends

wrote:

I've had a lot of success with Capital One. However, I know their policies may have changed since I last apped.

CH7 BK discharged 9/15 - TU FICO 707 - Quicksilver $14,700 - Discover it - $13,000 - Overstock $5000

How many applications can I do at a time? My previous strategy was to apply for a prime card, and then if denied I try for a sub-prime. That way even if I don't add a prime card with a sign up bonus, I can add a card which I can later use for an account combination. That way the HP is not a total waste. There have been occasions where I had to do three applications before I got a card. 

Can I get the $150 with $500 spend Quicksilver bonus if I've already received it previously? 

One new Capital One account every 6 months.

Yes, you can get the bonus multiple times. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the new account every 6 months include auto loans?

Like can I get a credit card and a auto loan from capital one within the same month?
Message 3 of 9
imaximous
Valued Contributor

wrote:
Does the new account every 6 months include auto loans?

Like can I get a credit card and a auto loan from capital one within the same month?

You should be able to. I got a Venture and car loan last year in March.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only get 1 new card from Cap one every 6 months. This only applies to  personal credit cards, not their applicable for their business cards. Congratulations on your re-build and good luck in the future.

Message 5 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78wrote:

wrote:

One new Capital One account every 6 months.

Yes, you can get the bonus multiple times. 

thanks for the info on the 6 months

Message 6 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Speaking of current cap one trends. I put about 2500 on my QS for the 18 month 0% Bal Transfer deal 3 months ago, and have not any purchases on it. Only payments.

does Cap One frown on that? Just want to pay it off, not use for everyday etc..

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45wrote:

Speaking of current cap one trends. I put about 2500 on my QS for the 18 month 0% Bal Transfer deal 3 months ago, and have not any purchases on it. Only payments.

They offered it. They made their money on the transfer fees. And if you don’t pay it off in time they’d make more fees. They aren’t frowning on your situation. 

Message 8 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Jerry45wrote:

They offered it. They made their money on the transfer fees. And if you don’t pay it off in time they’d make more fees. They aren’t frowning on your situation. 

Thanks Ben.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.