Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Fraud Department

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Fraud Department

I applied for the Capital One Platinum online and did not receive instant approval but had the we will contact you in 7-10 days by mail message. 

They called me today one day after applying from the fraud department and asked me 3 verification questions but said this was not an approval or denial. 

If it was a decline would they bother with verification? What are my odds for approval? 

My credit file is thin, 

Macy's card $400 limit
Banner Bank MC $1000 

I only have 6 months of history 
Utilization 9-12%
Credit Karma shows 700 score not sure my real fico 

just approved for $2000 from Overstock using the shopping cart trick but it has not reported yet 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Fraud Department

Likely an approval based on the info. provided and the card you applied for.  Congrats in advance and update the thread once you get notice of approval.

Message 2 of 10
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

this happened to me also. I was approved the next day after the fraud department called me for the QS1 with 500 dollar credit limit.
Message 3 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

+1 I had extended fraud alerts on my credit files when I applied for the QS1. After passing ID verification interrogation, the fraud dept lady said I'd receive a letter i... Yeah I ran over whatever rehearsed statement and grilled her with questions.

Approved with 500 SL. Congratulations to you.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

From experience, they might want you to mail/fax documentation to make sure that it is actually you... Verification!

If that is the case, more than likely, you will be approved, HOWEVER it takes them FOREVER to get the account set up, and send the card - realistically 3 weeks, that is what it took me a few months ago!

Message 5 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Likely an approval based on the info. provided and the card you applied for.  Congrats in advance and update the thread once you get notice of approval.

+1

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gone through this multiple times. I have a fraud alert on my EQ report. When they didn't tell me, I asked for the information and the person told me. Next time ask. What's the worst thing they could say, "No!"

I hope it is an approval. Best of luck to you!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my update- I am pretty sure I applied for the Platinum card but they sent a Quicksilver One card with a $3k SL Smiley Happy 

The weird thing is the benefits guide included with the card says "Platinum Mastercard"?? 

Anyway I am happy with the SL and approvel. 

Message 8 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

Yeah my QS1 shows up in my online account as a Platinum also.

Nice SL

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 9 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.