cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one 2 preapprovals, should i app for both? ??

tag
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Capital one 2 preapprovals, should i app for both? ??

Hi myfico experts, im in dire need of your help. Im rebuilding and just went on capital one website to find 2 preapprovals for the platinum and the quicksilver one. Should i app for both???
Please advise.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one 2 preapprovals, should i app for both? ??

Capital One only allows one new card every 6 months.
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 9
Boss2Boss
New Contributor

You can only apply for 1 every six months. I would apply for the Platinum no annual fee. Quicksilver One has an annual fee.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are a student, go for a generic student card, from good banks with a large selection of products.  Banks like Chase, BofA, maybe Citi. And make sure it has no annual fee.   Student cards start out humble but can grow.

Because ideally you want to keep your first card all your life for its long age and you want it to be a low maintenance card with no AF, and flexible with lots of product change options as your life changes, and not bucketed to a toy limit. 

i would stay away from c1 if possible. Their starter cards are bucketed seemingly randomly and you don't want play that silly game.  

Message 4 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Go for the platinum. No annual fee. You can PC to Quicksilver at a later date.

As mentioned above, Capital One might have application restrictions. Before restrictions, one was able to obtain 2 cards.
Message 5 of 9
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

How long must one wait before they attempt to  PC from a Platinum to a QuickSilver?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 6 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ I'm not sure on the wait time. You can check every month until you get one online or call csr to see if there is the option.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-check-for-upgrade-link/td-p/4934733
Message 7 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@BallBounces wrote:

How long must one wait before theyattempt to  PC fro a Platinum to a QuickSilver?

3 or 4 months.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to these forums, just prior to discovering this site, I started building credit after not using credit, and paying only cash, for many years.

Four months ago I applied for a Cap1, denied, I tried again a month later and was offered a secure Plat. Two months later, wanting a higher limit, I went back to them, saw I was prequal for a QS and applied and got non-secure!

So maybe everyone is different? There was no 3-6 month wait for me! The other day they sent me an invitation to get a car loan thru them! 

Good luck!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.