Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one

I went on the prequalified website and it only populated a secured card. So I applied and it asked for a 49 dollar deposit. I entered in my information and that’s that.
I’m wondering if I should have applied for the platinum card first?
Is it too late?
I have never had a credit card but I do have to loans reporting and my scores on credit karma 593 & 605 with 5 6yr old medical collections.

Tried discover and only the secured came. Up. No luck with credit one or merrick they said I have zero credit. On the pre qualify denial.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one

I started rebuilding with a Capital One Journey with $500 credit and built mine up from there. That's a student card so I'd try there.

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one

Since you already did the deposit. Cant back out now. Whats done is done. Since this will be your first card. Use it and PIF. There are tons of topics for the Cap1 Secured card. Just type in the search above. It will populate a lot of info. Congrats on your first card. Also CK means nada. Only good to keep track of whos reporting what on your EQ & TU each week. You can get the free TU FICO with  Discover and  EX FICO

Good luck

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.