Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one

I have to disagree with you. This is from my credit karma acocunt and my age of acocunts is 8 years. Depsite filing bankruptcy it's 6 years and I got the Quick Silver Signature visa with a limit of $6,000   six months after BK when my credit score was 701, and 6 months later it was increased to $10,000 and now my score is 731. I beleive the that most of people complaining about Capital One average age of acocunts isn't that high compare to mine.

aa.jpg

Message 21 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's Vantagescore 3.0.
Whats your FICO 8's? 😀
Message 22 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know because I'm not going to pay for it and it's Vantage has been a good indicator for my past and present. Everything is going according to the master plan which is why I have nothing bad to say about Capital One, because my gut tells me if all goes well my quick silver will go from 10k to 15k or 20k over the next year.

Message 23 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I know I went over 50% on one of my bigger cards a couple months ago when I had to pay for probate lawyers because my aunt died in Dec, her estate unsettled.
My Vantagescore dropped to 660.
I almost died, myself. 😥
But I paid down all but about 10% of all my possible Util, especially that one high card, and after 6 weeks of waiting, all of the free scores put me back around 720.
However, my Fico's were now at 800. Or higher. 😂
And all of those free scores online are Vantagescore, owned I think by TU, which seems kind of unfair and none too accurate.
Dunno, just my experience. YMMV. 🤔
Message 24 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

You best not be messing with my buddy Cap over here! Cap1 gave a lot of us here a chance after credit hardships or just starting our build. We know they heavily bucket cards. Its how they do business, nothing wrong with it. They just want you to app for another card. 

Cap1 is an early game and late game lender. If you have bad or no credit, they are likely gonna be your first go to. Likewise, if you have amazing credit and have a variety of cards, they are gonna be the people who finish off your wallet with a sizable Venture or Savor. 

Message 25 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to me unreasonable to expect to have a reasonable conversation about credit card approvals without referencing the scoring system the credit card lenders use. Especially when those scores are easily, and inexpensively ($1), acquired. 

Put another way: vantage schamntage. Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I'm not the one complaining about the stellar services Capital One provided  You have other people on this threads making post such as "How can a post who just got out of bankruptcy get a $6,000 to $10,000 credit line when I've been with Capital One for 20 years and stuck with a $500 limit". The answer is you simply don't understand how the credit scoring system works, and your profile doesn't meet their requirements plain and simple. Regardless of whether I'm referencing Vanatage or FICO you shouldbe able to use your Vantage score to make a valid comparison.

Message 27 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe that's why..cause I have the quick silver I am preapproved for the others.. never really have wanted one because my other cards have better rewards
Message 28 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This thread is a good example on how someone with a BK within 6 months got a $6k CL with Cap 1 https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Capital-One-Quick-Silver-6-000-Credit-Line-6-months-after/m-p/5614952#M601790 

Thats why they are garbage, good for that person getting that CL but Cap1 is useless to others

Strong statement that could not be more wrong.   Smiley Frustrated

My buddy just got a $30k venture and a $30k savor and he never had a BK and has good credit.

I am sure his $60k of limits for 2% and 4% rewards will serve him just fine.   Smiley Very Happy

I am stating consumers with BKs and other issues seem to get better CL and CLI than those with bad credit and no BKs, good for your buddy but your comparing apples to oranges....

Message 29 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right???
If you are on a forum for myFICO discussion and do nothing but refuse to discuss how FICO plays an importance in the role of your credit, but constantly show screenshots of "free" Vantagescore information, ... it's like advertising for 'the other guy'.
It looks like those of us who care about our FICO scores enough to openly write on these forums are chumps, because we dont 'understand the system' somehow due to our lack of Vantagescore savvy.
That's just wrong, man. 🤬
Vantagescore is NOT how someone understands their credit card score or anyone else's!!!
Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.