Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 48 Month (SUB) Sapphire Rule

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 48 Hour Sapphire Rule

So a person should add 90 days to their account opening date to be safe, I for one cannot remember when I met the SUB. But most of us know when we oppened an account, as it shows up on CR. Not to mention when the AF posts.

As for OP, how would they deal with a non met SUB? Just one of those snooze you lose scenarios? 

I would think since no SUB was ever met with CSP, hence no starting of the clock. A person should still be eligible for the CSR SUB. Since the rule is essentially mean to limit you to one SUB every 24 months. Or is it now 48? I assumed the new 48 Month rule was only for new cardholders after the changed terms. 

Probably would be best to call Chase to find out if you'd be eligible for SUB first, before downgrading. If you like the CSP that is. 

Message 11 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

So a person should add 90 days to their account opening date to be safe, I for one cannot remember when I met the SUB. But most of us know when we oppened an account, as it shows up on CR. Not to mention when the AF posts.

As for OP, how would they deal with a non met SUB? Just one of those snooze you lose scenarios? 

I would think since no SUB was ever met with CSP, hence no starting of the clock. A person should still be eligible for the CSR SUB. Since the rule is essentially mean to limit you to one SUB every 24 months. Or is it now 48? I assumed the new 48 Month rule was only for new cardholders after the changed terms. 

Probably would be best to call Chase to find out if you'd be eligible for SUB first, before downgrading. If you like the CSP that is. 

If OP asks 5 Chase CSRs, they will most likely get 5 different answers

While logic would dictate that they are eligible for SUB, I'd wait till it's full 48 months from the 3rd statement. That date is easy to find out, as last 7 years worth of statements are displayed in their account. 

I'd hate for them to miss out on a SUB for the second time. 

Message 12 of 13
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If OP asks 5 Chase CSRs, they will most likely get 5 different answers

While logic would dictate that they are eligible for SUB, I'd wait till it's full 48 months from the 3rd statement. That date is easy to find out, as last 7 years worth of statements are displayed in their account. 

I'd hate for them to miss out on a SUB for the second time. 

+1 this and agree! In addition, should the op go through with this plan as suggested and god forbid the sub doesn't populate, following @Remedios & @Janus's recommendation would at least provide the op for a leg to stand on if it came to a debate with Chase. 

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.