Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 7-10 Day Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 7-10 Day Message

I recently applied for the Amazon Prime Rewards Card through Chase, and I got a message that I would recieve a letter with their decision within 30 days. I called the app status line, and it said I would recieve a letter with their decision in 2 weeks. When applying for Chase Freedom, the same thing happened, and I was approved after talking to verification dept. I called verification dept. to see if this was the same problem. They confirmed my phone number (not my address like last time) and told me the app was still being processed. Calling app status line again gave me a 7-10 day message. Does this mean I was declined or is there still a chance for approval? Why did my app status change from 2 weeks to 7-10 days?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 7-10 Day Message

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for the Amazon Prime Rewards Card through Chase, and I got a message that I would recieve a letter with their decision within 30 days. I called the app status line, and it said I would recieve a letter with their decision in 2 weeks. When applying for Chase Freedom, the same thing happened, and I was approved after talking to verification dept. I called verification dept. to see if this was the same problem. They confirmed my phone number (not my address like last time) and told me the app was still being processed. Calling app status line again gave me a 7-10 day message. Does this mean I was declined or is there still a chance for approval? Why did my app status change from 2 weeks to 7-10 days?

You might find this useful Smiley Happy

https://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

Potential Future Cards
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Businesses often exaggerate the time for something to happen. That way you don't bother them and they look good when it happens sooner then expected.  i.e. Placed an order Friday. Tuesday was scheduled delivery date. It was delivered Sunday. 

Message 3 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Doesnt look good for the home team

Sorry

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Give them some time to work on it.

They also could be down a few people.

Call the robo lady back on Friday.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.