Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards *Denied*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards *Denied*

Hi all!

I recently applied for the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card and was denied instantly. Currenty my scores range around ~685 with credit hirstory beggining in July 2019, total of three cards

(Discover Student It 1.2k limit July 19,Uber Barclays $500 limit August 19, Captial One QuickSilverOne $300 limit Oct 19)

I knew my credit history has just begun, but thought it was worth a shot. Currently and a student, income ~20k allowances, no job yet. I did have total of 4 inquires at the time.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Rewards *Denied*

Welcome to the forums
As you learned the hard way Chase doesn't like profiles with less than a year of credit card history (there are some exceptions)
Time to quit applying and get some history with your current cards
Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

Hi and welcome to the forums. 

You applied too soon. Also, you already have three cards, and if you continue applying and being approved for credit at this time, you'll bump into 5/24, then you'll have to wait two years, while stuck with low(ish) limit, non keeper cards.  

Let what you have age, and when your oldest card reaches a year, feel free to try again. 

Message 3 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

3 cards are a great start for a student and a new credit profile. I'm more on the aggressive side and I would say stay put for awhile. It can be very easy to succumb to debt issues with a limited salary. Learn it from the rest of us who have experienced credit rebuilding, it is not fun!

Next time you apply, I would suggest asking questions here first as it's a pretty helpful group.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can attest to the debt issue. Rebuilding credit was and still is no joke.
Message 5 of 8
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Sorry about the denial but thanks for posting and letting other people know you had that result. I was under the impression Barclays wanted like a year of history in order to approve people for the Uber Visa. Your post has given one other person, me, hope that I might qualify for that, at least. Welcome to the forums!

AU

Message 6 of 8
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I am not nearly as much of a "go slow" advocate as a lot of people on this forum, as you can see from my signature ... which contains only one thing that was on my profile in March of this year ...

But, sometimes, you just have to wait. Barclay is known for this, and Chase has its own rules that pretty much force you to go slow.

If not willing to go slow, there may be other options, but these particular cards/lenders would prefer if you stand pat and build account age for a while. Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 7 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!

I recently applied for the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card and was denied instantly. Currenty my scores range around ~685 with credit hirstory beggining in July 2019, total of three cards

(Discover Student It 1.2k limit July 19,Uber Barclays $500 limit August 19, Captial One QuickSilverOne $300 limit Oct 19)

I knew my credit history has just begun, but thought it was worth a shot. Currently and a student, income ~20k allowances, no job yet. I did have total of 4 inquires at the time.

Howdy and welcome

You have received excellent advice and I want to add this. Please take note how each new CL decreases everytime you get approved:

Discover Student It $1.2k limit July 19

Uber Barclays $500 limit August 19

Captial One QuickSilverOne $300 limit Oct 19)

This is not what you want to be happening. So stop applying and let the AOYA age to 6 mos, preferably 12, or you're going to end up in toy limit hell. 

Follow the superb advice you've been given and you will begin to see better SLs in the future. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.