Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa

tag
Dirge
Contributor

Chase Amazon Visa

On 8/18 I applied for the Chase Amazon card after getting prequalified on Amazon's site. I got the message that my application couldn't be completed, and today I got a voicemail from Chase's fraud department. I called back and verified some information and the CSR came back and said I'd get a decision in the mail, which I assume is a rejection. She didn't say the application would go to a further review. 

I had a BK7 in 2012 that's been off my reports for about 6 months. Chase wasn't IIB, but I was an authorized user that someone put on his Chase card years ago -- I didn't even have a physical card. When I was filing my BK7, I tried to get off the Chase card, but they wouldn't let me do it -- it had to be him. He said he tried. 

I'm wondering if I'm blacklisted from Chase because of that. Chase did hit my Experian report, which has me at 754 and 10% credit usage. 

It's almost certainly a rejection, right? Or the CSR would have told me over the phone that I'd been approved. 

eta further DPs: I have two cards, a Discover with a $2500 limit and a Cap1 with a $12500 limit. I had one inquiry in 9/2020. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa

Same issue almost happened to me, i was initially declined for mine because they checked EQ which is my worse profile. I called recon and asked them to run my EX report and i was approved afterwards.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Dirge wrote:

On 8/18 I applied for the Chase Amazon card after getting prequalified on Amazon's site. I got the message that my application couldn't be completed, and today I got a voicemail from Chase's fraud department. I called back and verified some information and the CSR came back and said I'd get a decision in the mail, which I assume is a rejection. She didn't say the application would go to a further review. 

I had a BK7 in 2012 that's been off my reports for about 6 months. Chase wasn't IIB, but I was an authorized user that someone put on his Chase card years ago -- I didn't even have a physical card. When I was filing my BK7, I tried to get off the Chase card, but they wouldn't let me do it -- it had to be him. He said he tried. 

I'm wondering if I'm blacklisted from Chase because of that. Chase did hit my Experian report, which has me at 754 and 10% credit usage. 

It's almost certainly a rejection, right? Or the CSR would have told me over the phone that I'd been approved. 

eta further DPs: I have two cards, a Discover with a $2500 limit and a Cap1 with a $12500 limit. I had one inquiry in 9/2020. 

if fraud called you likely will be approval.   best of luck

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 3 of 13
Dirge
Contributor

Thanks! I think the CSR would've told me that on the call, though, or at least said that my application was still being reviewed. She went away for a minute and then came back and said I'd be hearing from them in the mail. 

Message 4 of 13
Dirge
Contributor

Well @CreditCuriosity  you might be right -- yesterday I got the Chase letter, and it wasn't an outright denial. It said "We need to verify that the application is yours" and that "If we don't receive the information within 14 days of the date of this letter, we'll no longer consider your application."

So today I called, but after I input my SS# the message just said that I'd hear about a decision in 7-10 days. 

I had the chance to speak to someone, but I was looking at verification procedures online last night and some people seemed to think that it was better to not even answer that letter but to just wait for the process to go through. I did already take the HP for Experian though, so maybe I should have talked to someone -- who knows. 

I'll think about it and maybe call back before the 7-10 days. It's already been 9 days since my original application.

Message 5 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Dirge try these numbers monday, not sure which one it is, but they are closed during the weekends.. Make sure you call the sooner the better

Chase: 888-688-6708 (Verification department)  

Chase: 800-278-8830 (Verification/fraud deparment) 

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 6 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Dirge try these numbers monday, not sure which one it is, but they are closed during the weekends.. Make sure you call the sooner the better

Chase: 888-688-6708 (Verification department)  

Chase: 800-278-8830 (Verification/fraud deparment) 

As an additional heads up be prepared to wait quite awhile before being able to speak to an agent. The hold times can be an hour or more easily from past experiences. So if you can put the call on speakerphone and wait it out til someone comes on that would be ideal

Message 7 of 13
Dirge
Contributor

Oh, thanks to both of you,, @CreditCuriosity and @simplynoir ! The number in the letter I got was 877-470-9042. I'll call one of the other ones on Monday and just put it on speaker while I work. 

Thanks again. 

Message 8 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @Dirge, I've moved your post to a new thread to get your topic more exposure.

--UB

Message 9 of 13
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Did it give a specific timeframe for the letter like 7-10 days,14 days, etc? Seeing as it was forwarded to the fraud dept, I would say that is more of a good sign than a bad one, it will likely end in an approval. Good luck! keep us posted!

Edit: Didn't see the post with the 7-10 days. 

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.