Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase (Amazon) denied because SSN couldn't be verified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase (Amazon) denied because SSN couldn't be verified

Hi,

as I mentioned in my other thread, I pulled the trigger and applied for the Amazon Prime Signature card yesterday. After getting an initial 30 days, I called the status hotline today and got a 7-10. I then called the recon line and was informed that my app was already denied. The reason was given as that my SSN couldn't be verified. I was then asked to send a copy of my SS card and then they could re-open the application once they have it.

Did someone have this before? I was not contacted to send in information for verficiation but because of lack of verification was denied at once. They could not tell me why they weren't able to verify my SSN. This seems odd. It was my understanding that if they need to verifiy this, they don't make a decision right away but ask for documentation?

No late/missed payments or other negative remarks on report. Good-very good scores. No real reason why it should be denied and especially no reason why my SSN shouldnt' be able to be verified. Had no problems with Barcleycard one year ago.  Have one other CC and a car loan. I was asked about those two credit cards for verification on the phone.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase (Amazon) denied because SSN couldn't be verified

I would call backa and ask to speak with a supervisor...very odd, never heard of this.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call back, had a very nice lady on the line. She took a second look at my application and said she didn't see any reason why anything wasn't verified and there was no need for further documentation. She instantly approved me Smiley Happy

Thank god for backdoor numbers and the collective knowledge on these forums.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did call back, had a very nice lady on the line. She took a second look at my application and said she didn't see any reason why anything wasn't verified and there was no need for further documentation. She instantly approved me Smiley Happy

Thank god for backdoor numbers and the collective knowledge on these forums.

Great!!

This is why you always call a second or even third time.  Some CSRs are more knowledgeable than others.  You always want to make sure that what they say the first tiime is true or make sense.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.