Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI Request

tag
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Chase CLI Request

I have a BT offer that I'd like to use with Chase, but the credit limit on my card doesn't cover the full amount I'd like to transfer.  Worth a call to see if I can get a CLI to cover the amount I'm looking for? 

I'm around 6/24, and got 4 new cards in the last few months.  I feel like that alone might get me a big fat no.   I don't really want to try for a new card with anybody, but I guess I'll ask if there are any recs for cards that might fit my profile.  FICO is currently back to 675 across the board, utilization is at 28%, 3 baddie medical collections that drop off in 1-2 years.  Zero late payments.  AoOA = 15 years; AAoA = 5 years.  I also like long walks on the beach and action flicks. Smiley Wink

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CLI Request

Chase will HP for a CLI. With your recent credit "activities" it's likely it may not bode well CLI-wise.

What is the CL on this card (assuming it's the Freedom)? What about the CL on CSP?
Message 2 of 11
McNugget
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Chase will HP for a CLI. With your recent credit "activities" it's likely it may not bode well CLI-wise.

What is the CL on this card (assuming it's the Freedom)? What about the CL on CSP?

The Freedom is at 3k and the CSP is just over 12k.

Editing to add that the Freedom is PIF and the CSP has a 1k balance on it (haven't had the first statement hit yet).

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm assuming the BT offer is on Freedom?

If so, you can try reallocating a portion of CSP to Freedom to cover the BT. Eventually once paid down or PIF you can reallocate it back.
Message 4 of 11
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Ooo, nice. That shouldn't affect my plan to upgrade to the CSR next year, right? The card will be PIF by then.
Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@McNugget wrote:
Ooo, nice. That shouldn't affect my plan to upgrade to the CSR next year, right? The card will be PIF by then.

Just make sure that you have at least a minimum $10K CL to be considered for the [CSR] upgrade.  As mentioned upthread, once your BT is PIF (or significantly paid down), reallocate back to CSP.

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Why'd you run on us ,McNugget? Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
McNugget
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Why'd you run on us ,McNugget? Smiley Wink

Haha!  Got busy at work and home so I didn't have a chance to call Chase about a CLI yet.  I'm trying to talk myself out of applying for a balance transfer card through Citi instead.  Either way I think it's a HP (ugh).  

Message 8 of 11
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Just an update: I utilized all three options (cli, limit transfer, and new card), and now all of my debts are tucked into a nice, cozy, 0% APR bed.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@McNugget wrote:
Just an update: I utilized all three options (cli, limit transfer, and new card), and now all of my debts are tucked into a nice, cozy, 0% APR bed.

Congrats. Would you mind sharing some specifics? I recently got a 0% offer too and also want to maximize it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.