Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold?

Checked prequals in account and this offer was showing: 50K MR/2K/3mo. 20.49 fixed but it's a charge card so not sure if fixed APR "rule" applies...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Gold?

There's 2 interest rates for the card. The 20% is if you use the pay over time feature, the 30% is if you don't pay in full every month like you're supposed to.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say with your credit profile, you will get the approval if that is what you are asking. AMEX really wants people to have these things. 

That APR applies if you "Pay Over Time" on the Preset Limit you are allowed. Essentially, its a line of credit without reporting as revolving. Everyone gets the 20.49% APR standard. You can have an 850 EX and still get 20.49%.

Message 3 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would think you’d be good to go for that one. Prequals are pretty solid with Amex. Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I gotta garden for a while Smiley Happy but was also curious if there are higher offers out there? I checked and standard is 35k, referral is 40k...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

50K for 2k is the top end that I have ever seen for his card.

Platinum is the one you have to hunt for the SUB. And actually having the Gold for awhile can get you some targeted offers for it later down the road.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to know thanks Smiley Happy I'll move it up my list some, next is Amex BBP. I need to let my new accounts age at least 2 to 3 months and then I'll save it till after BBP once I need a SUB for a large purchase. Planning on accumulating a large stash of MR pts and working toward Schwab Platinum as end goal Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.