cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP Application When You Have A Balance

tag
Tacoloco

Chase CSP Application When You Have A Balance

Scenario: wanted to go ahead and apply for the CSP. I have about 9k in balances on my INK cards. Im not carrying a balance. These are just the charges on the most current statement that isnt due until late May. Ive NEVER carried a balance month to month. 

So the question is this: Wait until I pay the statements to zero or does it even matter? And for reference, ficos are all in the 800s. No CC debt. Well rounded credit profile. I also need a min CL of 10k or more to make it worth while. All the Ink cards are around 20k each for a total 0f 60k. And I dont have nor want any other Chase products or services. Currently 3/24

Thanks all. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase CSP Application When You Have A Balance

@Tacoloco wrote:

Scenario: wanted to go ahead and apply for the CSP. I have about 9k in balances on my INK cards. Im not carrying a balance. These are just the charges on the most current statement that isnt due until late May. Ive NEVER carried a balance month to month. 

So the question is this: Wait until I pay the statements to zero or does it even matter? And for reference, ficos are all in the 800s. No CC debt. Well rounded credit profile. I also need a min CL of 10k or more to make it worth while. All the Ink cards are around 20k each for a total 0f 60k. And I dont have nor want any other Chase products or services. Currently 3/24

Thanks all. 

It doesn't matter.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 4
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

I was approved for the Sapphire Preferred on April 4th with a $17K limit with a $1000 balance on the Ink Cash and $3000 balance on the Ink Unlimited. So that's just under half what you currently have on your Ink. I was able to get instantly approved for the CSP so it is quite possibly you could get approved with a $10K or higher limit too. 

Message 3 of 4
PNWRambler
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for CSP with a balance on another Chase card as well.  I don't think it matters as long as your score and profile are good overall.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.