Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Citi Pre-approval down?

tag
FranknBeans
Contributor

Chase Citi Pre-approval down?

For weeks I get no offers except for an error when I submit. I have an bank account with both and a CC with Chase. My utilization is 1% on one card.  My signature is current with my scores and cards. I really want to apply for the CSP. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Citi Pre-approval down?

FranknBeans,

I noticed the same thing this morning when I logged into Chase to make sure my direct deposit posted. I don't put much stock into preapprovals anyway.  Have you stopped in your local branch to see if they have a preapproval?

Guyatthebeach

Message 2 of 5
FranknBeans
Contributor

I haven't lately. When I got my first Chase card I went in branch and they had no offers but when I checked online I was preapproved for all the cards. I chose the Freedom Flex.   

Message 3 of 5
DXness
Valued Member

I noticed this with Citi's pre-approval page, all I get is an error.  Can't tell if the whole thing is down for a technical reason, or if it's because I'm still blacklisted.  I burned them in a CO for $2K in 2015.  Some people have said they tested their BL status with a cold app and took an HP for a denial, so I am hesitant to try.

__

Rebuilding, FICO 8s as of February 2024:

Message 4 of 5
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it is quite frustrating. I will say that I like Apple's approach best: "Here is your starting credit line and interest rate using a soft pull. If you accept it will become a hard pull. If not try again in after a bit."

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.