cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denied and Closed

Masterlink
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

The way I transfer money from accounts isn't a factor I would assume. My Chase checking account is still perfectly fine. They only closed the CFU.
$1,000 is a lot to owe, yet little to have.
Credit Cards

Debit Cards



Message 61 of 82
MaizeandBlue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed


@Masterlink wrote:
The way I transfer money from accounts isn't a factor I would assume. My Chase checking account is still perfectly fine. They only closed the CFU.

Man, you're stubborn Smiley Wink

I can guarantee that you don't know exactly what Chase is looking at, or why they flagged your credit cards for secondary review.

 

Ask yourself this... Am I doing what an average banking/credit customer does?  This is one area you dont want to draw attention to yourself by being  different. e.g. paying your credit cards multiple times a month from different checking accounts.  The average person just uses their card(s0, waits for the statement, then makes a single monthly payment. 





Message 62 of 82
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

You've handled this situation really well, Masterlink. I hope they reinstate your CFU and open the Sapphire.

Message 63 of 82
FinStar
Moderator

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

To add to @MaizeandBlue's comment, it's the PRR team that made the AA determination, not the UW or Fraud department. While they liaise to aid in any internal investigation which typically involves your Chase relationship as a whole (depository, CCs, business, auto, investments, etc.), it's usually their secondary review that ultimately leads to the AA. Also, in a variety of circumstances, some internal policies would have likely changed, say from last year or even several months ago, where there may have been more flexibility to overturn certain AA decisions.

All you can do is see how the process plays out and cooperate with whatever they may require.
Message 64 of 82
Masterlink
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

Nope, no idea what they're actually looking at, that's why I can only presume. Smiley Happy It's like trying to figure out how Discovers auto CLI algorithm works. Everyone has to guess and present DPs, that's what I'm trying to do given the evidence I've gathered, and the fact my checking account was not brought up by the FR rep. (Supposedly) Banking and Lending sides are completely separate entities that do not effect judgement upon the other. Least that's what Chase and other lenders say.

As far as multiple payment methods, I've only used the Chase account and Schwab, no others. If they didn't want you to use multiple sources, it wouldn't be an option. It's not like I'm paying from 5+ sources. Besides, isn't it good not to be average or normal? Thought that's how this entire forum of people were, we're all different in how we handle credit vs the average player. Most average people carry a balance and pay an apr too. Smiley Tongue If Chase doesn't like it, all my other cards seem fine with it. So I'll use them. Smiley Happy

On that note, I want to take a moment to thank everyone for their support, their thoughts, and even any criticism. It's all part of the constructive environment that helps us all learn.
$1,000 is a lot to owe, yet little to have.
Credit Cards

Debit Cards



Message 65 of 82
MaizeandBlue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed


@Masterlink wrote:
Nope, no idea what they're actually looking at, that's why I can only presume. Smiley Happy It's like trying to figure out how Discovers auto CLI algorithm works. Everyone has to guess and present DPs, that's what I'm trying to do given the evidence I've gathered, and the fact my checking account was not brought up by the FR rep. (Supposedly) Banking and Lending sides are completely separate entities that do not effect judgement upon the other. Least that's what Chase and other lenders say.

As far as multiple payment methods, I've only used the Chase account and Schwab, no others. If they didn't want you to use multiple sources, it wouldn't be an option. It's not like I'm paying from 5+ sources. Besides, isn't it good not to be average or normal? Thought that's how this entire forum of people were, we're all different in how we handle credit vs the average player. Most average people carry a balance and pay an apr too. Smiley Tongue If Chase doesn't like it, all my other cards seem fine with it. So I'll use them. Smiley Happy

OK; I guess you'll learn (the hard way).





Message 66 of 82
FinStar
Moderator

Re: Chase Denied and Closed


@Masterlink wrote:
Nope, no idea what they're actually looking at, that's why I can only presume. Smiley Happy It's like trying to figure out how Discovers auto CLI algorithm works. Everyone has to guess and present DPs, that's what I'm trying to do given the evidence I've gathered, and the fact my checking account was not brought up by the FR rep. (Supposedly) Banking and Lending sides are completely separate entities that do not effect judgement upon the other. Least that's what Chase and other lenders say.  Not in the case of any AA.   The PRR teams have access to all your information and during the course of the investigation process they're not required to disclose which specific actions were deemed a risk to the bank. 

As far as multiple payment methods, I've only used the Chase account and Schwab, no others. If they didn't want you to use multiple sources, it wouldn't be an option. It's not like I'm paying from 5+ sources. Besides, isn't it good not to be average or normal? Thought that's how this entire forum of people were, we're all different in how we handle credit vs the average player. Most average people carry a balance and pay an apr too. Smiley Tongue If Chase doesn't like it, all my other cards seem fine with it. So I'll use them. Smiley Happy

 

Message 67 of 82
Masterlink
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed

Again thanks everyone for their information. I'm just waiting for it to play out and any info I collect from Chase I'll forward to here.
I figured they had access to the banking side, not suggesting it's hidden or they wouldn't. Just the fact that nothing, between paperwork, reps, or otherwise has pointed toward that direction. I know other evidence, when it includes banking, usually ends up deposit accounts closed as well, least in my studying of the subject, (I get bored/anxious and research a lot) nothing is the same for everyone. The main reasons seems to be the odd timing of my credit history and 3 other accounts being opened near the CFU. I'm just sharing the evidence I'm given.

Edit: I hope no one feels I'm being arrogant or such, I'm really not. Just going on the information I have on hand. Smiley Sad
$1,000 is a lot to owe, yet little to have.
Credit Cards

Debit Cards



Message 68 of 82
CreditInspired
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed


@Masterlink wrote:
Again thanks everyone for their information. I'm just waiting for it to play out and any info I collect from Chase I'll forward to here.
I figured they had access to the banking side, not suggesting it's hidden or they wouldn't. Just the fact that nothing, between paperwork, reps, or otherwise has pointed toward that direction. I know other evidence, when it includes banking, usually ends up deposit accounts closed as well, least in my studying of the subject, (I get bored/anxious and research a lot) nothing is the same for everyone. The main reasons seems to be the odd timing of my credit history and 3 other accounts being opened near the CFU. I'm just sharing the evidence I'm given.

Edit: I hope no one feels I'm being arrogant or such, I'm really not. Just going on the information I have on hand. Smiley Sad

Honestly, I dont think anyone is thinking you're being arrogant; certainly not me. I'm just happy you're sharing the DPs as you receive them. I hate it when someone posts a dire problem, and then the forum gets all involved providing suggestions and the poster disappears. 

 

Really, thank you. Whatever Chase's answer is, it will at least help solve the problem.


|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 69 of 82
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Denied and Closed


@CreditInspired wrote:


Honestly, I dont think anyone is thinking you're being arrogant; certainly not me. I'm just happy you're sharing the DPs as you receive them. I hate it when someone posts a dire problem, and then the forum gets all involved providing suggestions and the poster disappears. 

 

Really, thank you. Whatever Chase's answer is, it will at least help solve the problem.


+1!!!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Platinum, Business Cash
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Rewards Visa
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) EX: 806 / EQ: 824 / TU: 812
Message 70 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.