Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney visa review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Disney visa review

Hey all,
My wife and I are planning on taking our daughters to Disney in February for the oldest's 5th birthday. Just applied for 5he Chase Disney visa for some perks and 0% financing on the vacation. Just got an email saying they need some time to review the application. Assuming my chances for denial are high at this point? Only other Chase card I have is the Amazon prime card which I got in October. Hoping that doesn't hurt my application any. Scores are around 710, 14% current utilization, no baddies except for one from like 6 years ago. Has anyone gotten this email from Chase and been approved after the review? All other cards I've ever applied for have gotten instant reviews so not sure what to expect here.

Thank you!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Disney visa review

All Chase cards are affected by 5/24. How many cards have you opened in the last 2 years ?

Message 2 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Did you call the application status line to see what message you get from Chase?

Message 3 of 6
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

"Further review" doesn't necessarily mean a denial. I got that message when I applied for my Freedom Unlimited, and I never received any other contact from Chase after that, the FU card just non-chalantly showed up in my Chase account a day or two later. I fully expected a denial, but they gave me the card without even reaching out to me for more info or anything. Anyways, call the phone number as recommended above, see what the status is and ask if you can do anything to help - it could just be a simple ID verification issue, or they may suspect a fraudulent app, which would be easy to clear up. In any case, it usually moves things along faster if you call them rather than waiting for them to contact you.

On a totally unrelated note, have you checked out other cards for your Disney vacation? The Chase disney card isn't really all that great, in my opinion. You can get 0% financing for the first 15mo with a Freedom Unlimited (on ALL purchases, not just Disney purchases), and Disney rewards are pretty weak. Ultimate Rewards points are far more flexible, and while you can't directly redeem them for Disney purchases, you can redeem them 1:1 for cash to spend on Disney stuff. And the Disney card only earns, at most, 2% towards disney rewards, whereas Freedom Unlimited will earn 3% (on ALL purchases, not just select categories) for the first year. With no annual fee.

Based on your needs that you outlined in the first post, I'd suggest looking at the FU (or something else) instead of the Disney card. As far as I know, the only cool & unique thing the Disney card offers is the character meet-and-greets... but that comes at the expense of missing out on a ton of rewards that you could be earning with other cards. The 10% off for Disney dining and merchandise is neat, but really, how much will you spend on Disney dining and merchandise? Even if you spend $1,000 on merchandise and dining during your trip, that's only $100 savings. Whereas you could be earning WAY more than that in points with a different card.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 4 of 6
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

This topic touches close to home with me by the way, I recently posted another thread about buying a whole Disneyland vacation with rewards points... PM me for the link (or search for it) if you're curious about this forum's findings about it, it's interesting stuff!

Side note, you're an awesome parent for planning this for your daughters Smiley Happy they'll remember it forever!

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@coreysw12   OP just applied for Disney card. Last thing they need is another application for a different Chase card. 

There is nothing to be done now but wait it out. 

OP, there is nothing unusual about Chase doing verification/review.  On a positive side, it wasn't auto denied. 

You can call automated line to find out the status, or you can look in your account. Chase cards show up rather quickly after the approval. 

If something is needed to from you verification wise , it will be communicated via letter. A lot of times no action is needed on your part, other than patience. Same applies for the actual application review. Let them do their part, it's best to let it play out without too much interference 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.