Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Chase pre approval

tag
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Question about Chase pre approval

Hello everyone

Had a quick question about Chase's pre approvals. I'm thinking about opening a bank account with them so that I might be able to get a pre approval from then while I'm at lol/24. However, I find that one of my friends has the freedom card and he's willing to add me to his card.

Would being an AU on a Chase card be enough to trigger an offer for me? Will having both bank account and AU card be enough? Should I skip the bank account and just be an AU?

Thanks a lot!
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Question about Chase pre approval

Of the two options I'm assuming the safer bet is to open a bank account with Chase and hope you receive a prequalification in branch because I don't think you can receive offers as an authorized user since technically you're not responsible for any charges so there's nothing to tailor your profile to and send out. I could be wrong about that and hope someone can confirm/deny.

Message 2 of 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about Chase pre approval

@simplynoir wrote:

Of the two options I'm assuming the safer bet is to open a bank account with Chase and hope you receive a prequalification in branch because I don't think you can receive offers as an authorized user since technically you're not responsible for any charges so there's nothing to tailor your profile to and send out. I could be wrong about that and hope someone can confirm/deny.

+1 This ^^^^^^^^

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.