cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Pre-Approved then DENIED. UGH!

tag
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom Pre-Approved then DENIED. UGH!

Pulled the trigger on Chase Freedom after being pre-approved on their website.  Denied after 2 recons for high util (60%) and a recent late in July.  So frustrated that I wasted the HP (first one in 2 years) 

I'm trying to consolidate a few cards, thinking about applying for Cap One (pre-approved), Barclay or maybe DCU.  Not sure which would be better for me.  Thoughts?

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Pre-Approved then DENIED. UGH!

Have you tried chase recon? I've heard they're decent. 

Anyway, its only 1 HP, no big deal. Have you tried applying for other cards? Also, you really shouldn't app anymore until you get utilization <30%, i wasted plenty of HPs on the banks by doing it above 50. 

Message 2 of 50
BlueRenew
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried chase recon? I've heard they're decent. 

Anyway, its only 1 HP, no big deal. Have you tried applying for other cards? Also, you really shouldn't app anymore until you get utilization <30%, i wasted plenty of HPs on the banks by doing it above 50. 

+1

I was also denied, but for a different reason(baddies). The analyst I spoke with told me the baddies that were hindering my approval. She said if I take care of those I am as good as approved. Also if they report before the 30 day recon period is up they can just recon it instead of me having to reapply. My point is if you get your utilization taken care of your chances of approval shoot up. If not unfortunately you may just be wasting your time. Expecially after 2 recons.

My 7 Cards

NFCU CashRewards: $7,500 I Discover It: $4,000 I Sallie Mae: $2800 I Amazon Chase Visa: $1000 I Amazon Store Card: $900 I Cap1 Quicksilver1: $750 I Macys Store Card: $600
Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

She included in her post that she reconned twice.  Now she could try again but it's not like she didn't try at all.

Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laurasiew wrote:

Pulled the trigger on Chase Freedom after being pre-approved on their website.  Denied after 2 recons for high util (60%) and a recent late in July.  So frustrated that I wasted the HP (first one in 2 years) 

I'm trying to consolidate a few cards, thinking about applying for Cap One (pre-approved), Barclay or maybe DCU.  Not sure which would be better for me.  Thoughts?

I agree with the other poster that before applying again you work in getting that utilization down below 30%

Message 5 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

She included in her post that she reconned twice.  Now she could try again but it's not like she didn't try at all.

10x recon.

Message 6 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

my guess is it is more your utilizatino then the 1 late recently.. Although that doen't help your case...  Chase's pre-quals are usually 99% golden usually.. Get your utilization down to 30% this month and recon within that period and possibly you might get it..

Message 7 of 50
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Update:

They told me by balances were high and I was wrong about my util, it's actually at 30% according to Credit Karma.

I might try to recon again. The last CSR sounded like he didn't want to be bothered today.
Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laurasiew wrote:
Update:

They told me by balances were high and I was wrong about my util, it's actually at 30% according to Credit Karma.

I might try to recon again. The last CSR sounded like he didn't want to be bothered today.

Just hang up and call again if you don't get the answer you want. The worst they can say is no, or automatically redirect your calls to fraud. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 50
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

10x recon.

LOL!  Ok!  I really don't want to apply for another inq and suffer more HP's.  

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.