Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI Strategy

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI Strategy

@CA4Closure wrote:

Three years ago I applied for this card to boost my FICO score and was rewarded with a $2,500 credit limit that has not risen since. So I sock drawered the card. I last used this card in March 2020 and paid it off. 

I am going to do an experiment and will start using this card as my main driver for November and December 2020 that will put at least $8,000 spend on this card. Of course, I will be paying this down every two weeks due to the low CL. And since it has new 3x and 2x rewards, I am going to take advantage of this! 

I want to see if this triggers Chase to give me a decent CL. Discover and Citi (Costco) both has hiked my CL's to $37,000 and $38,000 respectively. 

That is probably the Number One strategy for coaxing a CLI out of Chase.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CA4Closure wrote:

Three years ago I applied for this card to boost my FICO score and was rewarded with a $2,500 credit limit that has not risen since. So I sock drawered the card. I last used this card in March 2020 and paid it off. 

I am going to do an experiment and will start using this card as my main driver for November and December 2020 that will put at least $8,000 spend on this card. Of course, I will be paying this down every two weeks due to the low CL. And since it has new 3x and 2x rewards, I am going to take advantage of this! 

I want to see if this triggers Chase to give me a decent CL. Discover and Citi (Costco) both has hiked my CL's to $37,000 and $38,000 respectively. 

That is probably the Number One strategy for coaxing a CLI out of Chase.

Except that, this was the OP's intent back in November (original date of this thread).  The OP's update (post #15) clearly showed that the "number one" coaxing strategy didn't yield any fruitful or out of this 🌏 results.  

Message 22 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Myths and legends lol 

In some instances heavy spend can yield CLI from Chase, however that usually happens when initial approval is on the low(ish) end and typically within the first six months of approval. 

Chase doesn't evaluate eligibility for auto increases in a vacuum. In addition to card use,  amount of new credit, utilization etc are all part of the process.

If you get to talk to human UW at Chase regarding increase, it can be a lengthy conversation because they will have up to two years worth of reports (less for those who haven't had Chase product that long). 

Since human cannot perform thousands of operations per second (unlike automated underwriting), questions asked by them are the same *points* automated UW would consider, and it takes a while. 

They don't jump from joy because up until last month someone had balances, but now they don't.

They would rather wait till you don't have them for a while. 

Same goes for minimal use for a long time, followed by stampede for a couple of months of use, hoping it erases all the SD time.

If one needs CLI from Chase, call, take your HPs and see what happens. 

If one *wants* it for no reason other than disliking the limit, they are better off visiting other lenders and see if they will play. 

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incredible CLs on Discover and Citi Costco cards! I would say during this time banks have tightend up on their CL increases. I normally get them all the time but all my cards froze and cards approved for nearing the beginning of the pandemic didn't see any change at all. I'm looking at a BofA card with a $900 credit limit Smiley Very Happy and all my others at around the $3000 mark all upgraded to around that amount before the pandemic. I'm only 20 in college so don't judge my low limits.Smiley Happy 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.