Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Auto-Denial Datapoint

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Chase Marriott Auto-Denial Datapoint

Thought I would share this in case anyone else decides to apply for a Chase Marriott card knowing that they are ineligible for a SUB.  I went on a little bit of an app spree last Friday, and decided that while I was at it I would go ahead and apply for a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold card (so that I can PC it to Ritz-Carlton after a year) even though I knew that I was not eligible for the SUB since I received a Welcome Offer for the Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business card within the past 24 months.

After I submitted the app, I got the 7-10 day message and assumed I was denied.  Strangely, they never did a credit pull.  I got a notification that I had a new document in my Chase account and looks like I was automatically denied since I was not eligible for the SUB.  Odd that it mentions to apply for the card without a bonus, I should go to chase.com as that is where I applied for the card to begin with. 

So it looks ilke in order to apply for a Chase Marriott card when you are not eligible for the SUB, it's likely to require a credit analyst call.  I'm going to take a pass on the card for now because after previous experiences, I'd rather have a root canal.  Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Marriott Auto-Denial Datapoint

Wow, this is cool to know and thanks for posting this K.

I don't need to apply for any Chase Bonvoy CCs (since I already hold 3 with them including RC), but the fact that no HP was performed + gives you the option to discuss with an analyst before proceeding is a plus.

Message 2 of 4
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I thought Ritz-Carlton was gone as of a few years ago...It's back?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I thought Ritz-Carlton was gone as of a few years ago...It's back?

Well, in many ways, the Ritz-Carlton never left. It's always offered the same high-quality rooms at competitive prices.

The card was discontinued for new members at the time the Starwood and Marriott merger was completed as the agreement between Marriott, Chase, and Amex was that Amex would get the business and high-end consumer cards while Chase would get the other consumer cards.  The similar Amex SPG Luxury (now Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant) essentially replaced the Ritz-Carlton, however existing cards are still serviced and for now JP Morgan is still allowing product changes to it (or from it) among the Marriott card family.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.