Chase Partner Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Partner Cards

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

b-rad,

The funny thing about patterns...if you look for them you can usually find them.  Even if they are not there.

Believe me i find them everywhere.  Lol

I have read comments from finstar that it is more driven by what risk capital and profile the partner wants to use and with chase it is their own capital at risk and this plays a greater role along with your internal score.  Hope that helps fwiw

Is the partner actually taking the loss if someone defaults or Chase?  Always wondered this.

Chase or JP Morgan are the issuing bank, and consequently the ones who take the risk.

The partner has no bearing on it other than offering the rewards bonus and or rewards program.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Seeme like each card you get approved for by them you get a higher limit... only have two but holds true for me and for most other posts I have read... Ritz was Nixon's last and he got his higest limit.. Granted he had a freedom in middle of the mex with his lowest? limit..  Most part as Chase sees a bit of history maybe they give out higher and higher limits?

Freedom was a strange bird indeed.

I expected to get the min CL of 5K with the Ritz-Carlton, but instead got 9K, which I promptly moved 4K of over to my Freedom. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

b-rad,

The funny thing about patterns...if you look for them you can usually find them.  Even if they are not there.

Believe me i find them everywhere.  Lol

I have read comments from finstar that it is more driven by what risk capital and profile the partner wants to use and with chase it is their own capital at risk and this plays a greater role along with your internal score.  Hope that helps fwiw

Is the partner actually taking the loss if someone defaults or Chase?  Always wondered this.

Chase or JP Morgan are the issuing bank, and consequently the ones who take the risk.

The partner has no bearing on it other than offering the rewards bonus and or rewards program.

What I thought, just posts recently that i've read that seems to indicate the partners bears some of or all of the burdon, didn't think that was the case.  Not just referring to Chase but Commedity cards, etc.

Message 13 of 16
bobbay
Established Contributor

From the occ (office of Controller of Currency)credit card lending handbook

a bank should review carefully the financial condition of its retail partner. For example, a retailer that wants to maximize the number of cards in circulation may ask the bank to lower its credit standards. If the bank agrees, it should ensure that the retailer is liable for ensuing losses and that it has the financial capacity to meet this liability.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobbay wrote:

From the occ credit card handbook

a bank should review carefully the financial condition of its retail partner. For example, a retailer that wants to maximize the number of cards in circulation may ask the bank to lower its credit standards. If the bank agrees, it should ensure that the retailer is liable for ensuing losses and that it has the financial capacity to meet this liability.

Comenity, GE/Synch.

Message 15 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So ya could happen, probably not chase

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.