Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-approval

tag
Beulaensarangdi
Established Member

Chase Pre-approval

Just curious if anyone has experience with the "new" Chase preapproval link that was posted in another topic.

I have checked it since the link was posted and it always has come back with a big old nope.  Which is understandable as I don't think (my personal thoughts) that my scores support a Chase card - but today I decided to check, cause it's been a couple of weeks, give or take since I last did.  And I actually 'hit' something.

The 2 Freedoms, Sapphires, and the Slate.

I understand and know that preapprovals are never any sort of guarantee - but was wondering if anyone can give me any insight with any experiences with it.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-approval

@Beulaensarangdi wrote:

Just curious if anyone has experience with the "new" Chase preapproval link that was posted in another topic.

I have checked it since the link was posted and it always has come back with a big old nope.  Which is understandable as I don't think (my personal thoughts) that my scores support a Chase card - but today I decided to check, cause it's been a couple of weeks, give or take since I last did.  And I actually 'hit' something.

I understand and know that preapprovals are never any sort of guarantee - but was wondering if anyone can give me any insight with any experiences with it.

Thanks!!

Question #1  ..are you under 5/24? (my guess is you are)

The second thing are they "Green" or "Black" Star pre-approvals?

similar to this?

(Click image to enlarge)

Message 2 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Beulaensarangdi wrote:

Thanks!!

Question #1  ..are you under 5/24? (my guess is you are)

The second thing are they "Green" or "Black" Star pre-approvals?

similar to this?

(Click image to enlarge)

The preapproval OP is talking about is when filling out the new prequal page, not when looking in one's chase account while logged in. I don't believe OP is currently a customer anyway (or at least, it's not entirely clear in first post). 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 8
Beulaensarangdi
Established Member

Sorry, I wasn't clear

I am not a current customer.  Yes I meant the new prequalify link that was mentioned in a post about Chase prequalify link/Venmo something.

I tried to sign up for the credit journey - but it never went through or completed.

Message 4 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@OmarGB9, Thanks for the clarification. Sleep and I are like oil and water.

Have'nt mixed very well as of late. (lack of sleep)Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Beulaensarangdi wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear

I am not a current customer.  Yes I meant the new prequalify link that was mentioned in a post about Chase prequalify link/Venmo something.

I tried to sign up for the credit journey - but it never went through or completed.

@Beulaensarangdi, Got it.

If you have a Chase branch near you, you might go in and see a personal banker?,

those pre-approvals are about as solid as they come.

Not sure  ..if you would have to open a small savings account or not.

Message 6 of 8
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@Beulaensarangdi wrote:

Thanks!!

I would not take that pre-qual seriously... After reading your post I as a chase member checked if I had any Credit offers (I did not) I then ran the pre-qual and got the same 5 card offers as you. I am at lol/24 I know and Chase knows they are never going to approve me with 11 accounts in less than 2 years and under 2 years of total credit history, so what is the point of giving me offers they will never fullfill? 
Whoever has entered the criteria for that pre-qualifaction tool should be fired.

Message 7 of 8
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@Beulaensarangdi wrote:

Thanks!!

I would not take that pre-qual seriously... After reading your post I as a chase member checked if I had any Credit offers (I did not) I then ran the pre-qual and got the same 5 card offers as you. I am at lol/24 I know and Chase knows they are never going to approve me with 11 accounts in less than 2 years and under 2 years of total credit history, so what is the point of giving me offers they will never fullfill? 
Whoever has entered the criteria for that pre-qualifaction tool should be fired.

I was thinking you were mistaken at first. As I have tried the Chase pre-approval site a bunch of times and it always tells me no. I also have no offers in my credit journey section of my account. I just ran the pre-approval after reading your post and it approved me for both freedom cards, both sapphire cards, and the slate. I'm still over 5/24 until next month. So maybe the pre-approval site is just glitching for now. Who knows? 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.