Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Preapproved Offers

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Chase Preapproved Offers

Finally seeing the preapproved offers in my Chase app. So far it is only showing me preapprovals for 3 travel cards with a set APR.. actually the lowest APR for their travel cards. Not sure what my scores are. I’ve just been paying down my cards slowly & haven’t applied for anything in almost a year.
I read the terms and it stated that my minimum SL would be $5000. I still won’t apply because I don’t really need a travel card... I am also at 6/24

BUT I really would like an uber/dining card with chase. I spend a ton on Uber and eating out! Lol

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Preapproved Offers

You could consider the CSP or CSR if they are included in your preapprovals. They are "travel" cards but their bonus categories include restaurants (your eating out category) and travel. Hopefully someone else can chime in since I'm not 100% sure, but if Uber credits are counted as travel, then it seems like one of those cards would be good for you since both of your high spending categories are covered.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TSlop wrote:

You could consider the CSP or CSR if they are included in your preapprovals. They are "travel" cards but their bonus categories include restaurants (your eating out category) and travel. Hopefully someone else can chime in since I'm not 100% sure, but if Uber credits are counted as travel, then it seems like one of those cards would be good for you since both of your high spending categories are covered.

Uber and other ride-sharing services are classified as travel by Chase. 

Message 3 of 7
CivalV
Established Contributor

The CSP and Freedom Unlimited are showing but they are not preapprovals with a set APR. I wonder if it would show up in-branch? The last time I was at the bank they said I was preapproved for all of the chase cards. It wasn’t reflecting in my chase app. So maybe I am preapproved for other cards and just cannot see it. I will definitely look into the CSP. For now I will be patient! Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I feel like the CSP is a pretty decent starter card for the 95 dollar AF and if you can meet the spending for the SUB it’s even better. I opened mine in June and I’ve made over 1k in cash back not even trying. Chase is pretty liberal on what they call travel too. I think you’d do well with it if you got it. As far as being 6/24 I wouldn’t worry too much if you’ve got the little pre approved offer banner... I think I was 8/24 at the time I got a pre approved offer for the CF, CFU and the slate cards I went for the CFU and was approved in micro seconds. Of course this is the credit game and YMMV.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 5 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CivalV wrote:
Finally seeing the preapproved offers in my Chase app. So far it is only showing me preapprovals for 3 travel cards with a set APR.. actually the lowest APR for their travel cards. Not sure what my scores are. I’ve just been paying down my cards slowly & haven’t applied for anything in almost a year.
I read the terms and it stated that my minimum SL would be $5000. I still won’t apply because I don’t really need a travel card... I am also at 6/24

BUT I really would like an uber/dining card with chase. I spend a ton on Uber and eating out! Lol

Personally, I would want to know my FICO scores before applying for  anything at Chase knowing that they usually do a minimum of 2 HPs, regardless whether I had preapprovals or not. Just my 2cents. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

Their AARP card offers a straight 3% cash back on dining.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.