cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Question

tag

Chase Question

I have been reading this forum for a while.

Just secretly making this my addiction to keep from shopping of course! LOL (This is my first post so sorry if I didn’t supply enough information) Anyway, I am interested in apply to join the Chase Eco-system on but have a few late payments over the last 2-4 years. I was curious how long do I need to wait until I can apply for Chase card to be approved. My current score is 689.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Question

Welcome to the forums!

Probably one of the best ways to get an idea of where you stand is to sign up for Chase's Credit Journey site. (https://creditcards.chase.com/free-credit-score) It provides a VantageScore 3.0 score so you should disregard the score provided, but they also offer prequalified offers once you start meeting their requirements. It could take weeks or months before they start showing offers but once they do, you're usually good to go (but as always in the credit world nothing is 100%). 

Message 2 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @bettiebrown251,welcome to the forums.

When you say "few" late payments, how many are we talking about? Are any of these in the 30/60/90+ range? Do you currently bank with Chase?
Message 3 of 14
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

If you have nothing else chase you might want to start with appying to a co-branded card.

Marriott (100k), Southwest (75k) and United (65k) have monster bonuses out right now.

Forget the CSR in your situation for the moment I would think. CFU would be a nice upgrade though because the Freedom line has better shopping portal bonuses than the Sapphire line. That is one of the best features of the Chase eco-system the shopping portal. AMEX and Citi don't even have their own portal. 

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 4 of 14

Thank you. I have signed up for it. I will be on the look out for it.
Message 5 of 14

4 random 30s days on a car loan from 2017 most recent i believe is 9/2019
Message 6 of 14

I do have a couple chase accounts. But no credit cards at all with them.
Message 7 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck if you decide to apply!

With you being a chase customer, you can either check for any pre approvals via the website on the drop down under credit cards, or just for you, or via chase credit journey. If you have a bank near you, you can always pop in and see if they have any in branch approvals for you that may not be showing online.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You and I are in very similar boats. I am new here, too, the Chase-Eco System is my goal,  I have accounts with them but no cards, and I have things unrelated to credit cards suppressing my scores (in my case, it's medical collections, though). From my research here the past couple of months, I reached the conclusions that have already been recommended to you: the Marriot Bonvoy card is the way to go,  and I that I needed to be enrolled in Credit Journey. 

I'm not going to app until my disputes for the med collections yield some results, but whenever you do pull the trigger,  I have seen a lot of evidence - here and elsewhere - that it is worth the effort to call their recon line should you not get an immediate approval.

Good luck to you!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.