Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized User Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized User Approval

I was recently denied credit approval for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card.

My credit score was 750. My utilization is under 10%.

A Chase representative told me that I did not have enough of a credit history. My credit history is just under four years.

If someone with a long credit history where to add me on one of their credit cards as an authorized user might I be approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized User Approval

They can give you that reason, but there are other underlying issues as well (most likely)

Maybe you lack credit mix, or deposits with them, etc.  

Many people have been approved for Chase's Visa Signature cards with less credit length and lower scores

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized User Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

I was recently denied credit approval for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card.

My credit score was 750. My utilization is under 10%.

A Chase representative told me that I did not have enough of a credit history. My credit history is just under four years.

If someone with a long credit history where to add me on one of their credit cards as an authorized user might I be approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card?

What are your current tradelines?  What are the current CLs on your CCs?  

The CSP has a minimum $5K SL, and if your overall profile isn't as strong, Chase isn't going to approve anything higher than your other individual (non-AU) cards.   There's also no guarantee that being added (or piggybacking) on someone else's card(s) will yield an approval.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.