Chase Sapphire Reserve Decision By Mail

tag
mrskitty
Valued Member

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Decision By Mail

@coldfusion wrote:

@mrskitty wrote:

@calisig wrote:

it has been my experience with Chase that the 30 day letter means they need additional information, so give them a call and ask if you can provide anything they might need. The 7-10 day letter is usually the denial letter, so since you didn't get one of those, your chances are still good. They usually pull Ex, which according to your sig is your highest score, and appropriate for this card. You haven't shared much other data, like your x/24 status - so hard to say without that. Definitely don't just wait 30 days! Let us know how it goes.

My status is 1/24 (opened AMEX Platinum last Oct with Gold this past March). I have to update my sig. Haven't been on this boards in years. LOL

Don't wait for a letter.   Call the automated line every weekday morning to check on the status of your application.

If the status changes from 30 days to 7-10 days do a transfer to a customer service representative and simply ask if there is anything they need from you to help process the application.   A 7-10 day status can either mean an impending denial or they need to perform ID verification in order to confirm that it was really you that applied, so yiou should be prepared to either answer a few security questions or to be speaking to an analyst in order to ask for a manual reconsideration.  The need for ID verification is not exactly rare so don't automatically assume the worst if you get a 7-10 day message.    14 day status is a good sign as well as that most often leads to an approval. 

I called CS. She said it can be a number of reasons:  putting a credit check block on my name, new home address, or a fraud alert. I said most likely a new address within the year. I will have to call back tomorrow to get someone else to further expedite the inquiry as they are closed for the evening. 

USAALimitless- $18750
Capital One Quicksilver One- $3560
Navy Fed Flagship- $25000
Chase Sapphire Reserve- $24000
Hilton Aspire- $24000
Venture X- $20,000
Hilton Business- $10,000
AMEX Blue Business Plus- $10,000
AMEX Platinum
AMEX Gold
AMEX Green
Message 11 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yes...the people that you would need to talk to whether in underwriting or security mostly work East Coast business hours.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 14
mrskitty
Valued Member

30B193AF-2CDA-4588-872D-804E0BA18FF0.jpeg

Teammates, I've just been approved! I don't know how much though. I guess I'll find out when I get the card in the mail. 

USAALimitless- $18750
Capital One Quicksilver One- $3560
Navy Fed Flagship- $25000
Chase Sapphire Reserve- $24000
Hilton Aspire- $24000
Venture X- $20,000
Hilton Business- $10,000
AMEX Blue Business Plus- $10,000
AMEX Platinum
AMEX Gold
AMEX Green
Message 13 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card.

This thread is closed for additional messages, feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.