Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Balance Transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate Balance Transfer

Hi Guys,

My friend needs an advice on balance transfer to his checking account. He got Chase slate with 6800 CL and with 0% into APR for balance transfer. Chase offers to balance transfer only from other credit card and also they ,mentioned that they would send balance transfer check only after 3 months. Can you let me know if there is any trick for balance transfer to Bank of America checking account?

He is thinking of transfering his Balance from Discover or BofA cards and then request a Balance transfer from them to checking account. This way he would end up paying 3% for Balance transfer twice.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Balance Transfer

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Guys,

My friend needs an advice on balance transfer to his checking account. He got Chase slate with 6800 CL and with 0% into APR for balance transfer. Chase offers to balance transfer only from other credit card and also they ,mentioned that they would send balance transfer check only after 3 months. Can you let me know if there is any trick for balance transfer to Bank of America checking account?

He is thinking of transfering his Balance from Discover or BofA cards and then request a Balance transfer from them to checking account. This way he would end up paying 3% for Balance transfer twice.

If you are asking if there is any trick that would enable him to transfer money from his Slate card to his BoA checking account before they give him convenience checks, the answer is no.  He would have to wait for Chase to provide the checks after the three months.  

Also, you posted this in the wrong forum so it will eventually be moved.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read somewhere that we could transfer balance from discover card so that it goes to negative and then ask discover to refund the negative balance to checking account. Not sure if it would work.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I read somewhere that we could transfer balance from discover card so that it goes to negative and then ask discover to refund the negative balance to checking account. Not sure if it would work.

doubtful it would work and CC companies don't like to issue checks for 'refunds' to card holders.  What your suggesting will put your friend on Discover's radar and potentially lead to an account suspension/closing

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.