Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate CLI

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Chase Slate CLI

I got a Chase Slate about 7 months ago. Asked for an immediate CLI, they did a hard pull and granted it.

The credit limit is still one of my lowest. I got it for a balance transfer which is good at 0% until next year. But the Util is really high and it is the biggest drain on my score. Anyone know what their general policy is for CLI's? Is there a timeframe between them, hard pull required? It is the only card I carry a long-term balance, some old house stuff I  have been transfering around and am paying off very slowly.

3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate CLI

@Peter1142 wrote:

I got a Chase Slate about 7 months ago. Asked for an immediate CLI, they did a hard pull and granted it.

The credit limit is still one of my lowest. I got it for a balance transfer which is good at 0% until next year. But the Util is really high and it is the biggest drain on my score. Anyone know what their general policy is for CLI's? Is there a timeframe between them, hard pull required? It is the only card I carry a long-term balance, some old house stuff I  have been transfering around and am paying off very slowly.

Chase always does a HP and sometimes twice, and they can be stingy.

Have you thought of opening another CC with a 0% transfer and doing a BT to that card, well of course it depends on your credit profile.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best way to get a CLI w/ Chase is to open a new CC with them and then shuffle the limits around to where you want them to be.

e.g. I went for a CLI on one card and they gave me 5K, a couple of weeks later I opted to apply and got an approval for 25K

Make your HP's w/ Chase work for you and not beg for them to cough up smaller amounts.

Message 3 of 4
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Yeah, if I am doing a HP it will be for a new card that'll probably have twice the limit. No thanks. I will just wait it out until the 0% runs out and transfer it again to a new card.

Chase has seemed kind of stingy vs my other cards. But I guess with the Slate, they are figuring you are going to really use that limit. To sit $$ interest free.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.