Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Chase Slate

So DW cold apped Chase Slate and Freedom. For the Slate she got the 30 day message and the Freedom instant denial. She called the automated line and it said, "You have more than 1 application within the last 30 days. We are currently reviewing you application and will notify you of our decision in approximately 2 weeks." Same thing for the 2nd app but it said 7-10 days. Is it a possible approval for the Slate or are they just messing with her?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate

Sounds to me like one will be approved and one denied based on what the recording says.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be hard to say without knowing what is in her credit file or what her scores are.  Does she have any Chase products currently? How old is her credit file?

Message 3 of 10
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Her scores are close to mine but she has higher utilization at 53% due to CareCredit financing our kids braces. I believe EX is 679, 2 Inq, 11 open accounts, only baddie was 19 months ago late car payment. We have joint Chase account with lots of activity and steady deposit into savings. AAoA is 5 years. Highest limit is $4.5K Barclaycard Apple Visa.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two week phone message - chances are pretty good

7-10 day phone message - bad

Message 5 of 10
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone.

Message 6 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Good Luck. slate with the no Transfer fee is top notch.

Message 7 of 10
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Well its a no go. DW called them twice for a recon and she said they were polietly rude. They grilled her on some late payments that we thought were not showing with Capital One from 2012 and the auto late from 19 months back. Second time was just as bad and she was fighting back the tears a bit and after his lecture he was nice enough to say have a good evening. I told her not to let it bother her too much. Amex has our business now and we can always try again in 8-9 months. For us they have been 1 tough nut to crack but we will not give up!

Message 8 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Sorry about that Jb. Was wondering if you checked the Chase pre qual site before applying?

Message 9 of 10
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

No, ice cold app.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.