Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Status on 2nd Application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase - Status on 2nd Application?

I applied for the CSP On 10/7 and was not instantly approved. I got a call on 10/9 asking if I had applied and when I confirmed that I did, they told me I was approved. I applied on 10/11 for the Marriott Bon Voy card and also was not instantly approved. When I call the application status line, it tells me I have been approved but that is for the CSP. There is no mention of the Bon Voy application. Hard pulls were made on 10/7 and 10/11.

Anyone have a similar experience? How do you. Heck the 2nd application’s status? What was the outcome?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase - Status on 2nd Application?

I would stop calling them and wait for things to shake out. Chase is well-known for shutting down one or both cards when they're apped close to each other, no sense bringing attention to yourself. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably pending due to 2 apps in less than a week.  I ran into something similar when I did a CLI and then turned around 3 weeks later and went for a new card.  Same issue where the auto system responded with the CLI info but not the new app.  I waited a couple of days and then just called the backdoor and it was verification for the new card. 

You can either just wait it out and keep checking online for the new card to pop up or M-F call the backdoor and see if it's waiting on verification or a denial all together.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a letter in the mail from them that they could not match my name and Social Security Number.   Odd.

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, I'd probably leave well enough alone when it comes to Chase and double-dip applications in such a short timeframe, but that's just me. Not sure if there could've been a typo with some input of your information, but that's just a guess. .
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently, I entered my SSN number on my application wrong.  I got a letter from one of those small credit bureaus, Innovus, that a new SSN with an incorrect 1st digit was added to my report.   

I know y'all say don't poke the bear, but I went ahead and faxed in the SSA-89 form.  Chase did pull my Equifax and Experian reports when I applied.  If it were a decline, then I wouldn't think they would bother requesting information.  Will see what happens.

Message 6 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently, I entered my SSN number on my application wrong.  I got a letter from one of those small credit bureaus, Innovus, that a new SSN with an incorrect 1st digit was added to my report.   

I know y'all say don't poke the bear, but I went ahead and faxed in the SSA-89 form.  Chase did pull my Equifax and Experian reports when I applied.  If it were a decline, then I wouldn't think they would bother requesting information.  Will see what happens.

Yeah they would, if you entered wrong SS. They will do ID verification first so they know who they're approving/denying, then move on to the application itself. 

Keep us updated. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the CSP On 10/7 and was not instantly approved. I got a call on 10/9 asking if I had applied and when I confirmed that I did, they told me I was approved. Hard pulls were made on 10/7 and 10/11.
@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently, I entered my SSN number on my application wrong.  

Okay, so how does something like this happen If the wrong SSN was entered? And how would they even pull your credit? 

Not to mention how you were approved for the CSP based on this incorrect info.

Weird.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSP was a separate app and it had the correct SSN.

The credit bureau matches on name, address, as well as SSN. So if the name and address match but SSN doesn’t, it’ll still provide the credit report to the bank.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved!  I decided to call the number on the letter I recieved requesting me to send in the SSA-89 form.  She asked to send me a code to my cell phone.  Afterward, she said I would be receiving notification in the mail in 2 weeks.  I asked if they had received the SSA-89 and she confirmed they did.   Since she did not tell me after verification that I was approved, I assumed it was a decline.   However, I just logged on and see the card in my profile.  My highest limit on any card too!   I'm at 5/24 now so I won't be applying for any more cards from Chase (or anyone else for a while).  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.