Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Chase United Explorer

Is it possible to bypass 5/24 by applying for the UA Explorer card while at the lounge, or in the air when they hand out the flyers?

Does that make a difference? I have two United flights upcoming, one next week and another in the middle of April.

I'm at 6/24, but fly United enough that the SUB and priority boarding would be nice to have, as I don't fly enough to have status with them.

If not, I guess I'll just have to wait until June 2021, or a targeted "pre-approved" offer. If I get one.

|  
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase United Explorer

@MyFault wrote:

Is it possible to bypass 5/24 by applying for the UA Explorer card while at the lounge, or in the air when they hand out the flyers?

Does that make a difference? I have two United flights upcoming, one next week and another in the middle of April.

I'm at 6/24, but fly United enough that the SUB and priority boarding would be nice to have, as I don't fly enough to have status with them.

If not, I guess I'll just have to wait until June 2021, or a targeted "pre-approved" offer. If I get one.

Yes, your bolded assessment is correct. Chase recently had targeted offers for United, Southwest and Marriott in November. Maybe they will offer them again sometime this year. 
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-pre-qualified-solid-offers/td-p/5810875

Message 2 of 7
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyFault wrote:

Yes, your bolded assessment is correct. Chase recently had targeted offers for United, Southwest and Marriott in November. Maybe they will offer them again sometime this year. 
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-pre-qualified-solid-offers/td-p/5810875

That's what I figured, but thought I'd ask if it may be possible while in the air.

Thanks

|  
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyFault wrote:

+1

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this is permitted to ask ? Also, kinda hijacking this thread.

Can we post on here for people to apply as "our friend" and we get a bonus (points) and then share or gift some back to them ?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can we post on here for people to apply as "our friend" and we get a bonus (points) and then share or gift some back to them ?

Thank you for asking before simply acting. The answer is no, we can't post referral links. I'm currently on mobile, but I will post a link to TOS so you will be able to become familiar with posting rules etc. 

Welcome to my Fico @Anonymous 

Message 6 of 7
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Get out of my thread with that!!!

kidding, no worries. My question was answered, so not a problem. Glad you got your question answered also.

|  
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.