Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase World of Hyatt card decision..?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase World of Hyatt card decision..?

Just app'd for the Chase World of Hyatt card and they only pulled Experian (689)..

However, it gave me a message saying they'll let me know the decision as soon as possible, but without a time limit.

No 7 days or 30 days message..

How screwed am I from getting the card?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase World of Hyatt card decision..?

Welcome to the forums, @Anonymous 

Call the status line and see what message comes up from there. Phone number is 1-800-432-3117. As for your chances hard to say solely based on your EX score without more details like your current cards, utilization, any derogs, and so on

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Welcome to the forums, @Anonymous 

Call the status line and see what message comes up from there. Phone number is 1-800-432-3117. As for your chances hard to say solely based on your EX score without more details like your current cards, utilization, any derogs, and so on

Called the automated line and my app status is 2 weeks.

Also, currently at 18% utilization across all my cards.

Cap1 QS 5y1mo.

BoA CR 5yo.

Chase FU 3y3mo.

CSP 3yo.

Citi DC 2y6mo.

I had a 60 day late on my car loan exactly 2 years ago which has since been paid off and closed.

I also got a personal loan about 2 months ago.

Message 3 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently at 18% utilization across all my cards.

Cap1 QS 5y1mo.

BoA CR 5yo.

Chase FU 3y3mo.

CSP 3yo.

Citi DC 2y6mo.

I had a 60 day late on my car loan exactly 2 years ago which has since been paid off and closed.

You might be borderline there. What did the automated line say regarding your application?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap1 QS 5y1mo.

BoA CR 5yo.

Chase FU 3y3mo.

CSP 3yo.

Citi DC 2y6mo.

You might be borderline there. What did the automated line say regarding your application?

It says "you will be notified of your application in writing in 2 weeks".

If I do get denied for this app, how long do you recommend I wait before app'ing again for the same card?

Message 5 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap1 QS 5y1mo.

BoA CR 5yo.

Chase FU 3y3mo.

CSP 3yo.

Citi DC 2y6mo.

If I do get denied for this app, how long do you recommend I wait before app'ing again for the same card?

https://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

Based on the flowchart a 2 week message might be verification at this point. I would call the status line at the end of the week and see what the message changes to if anything. If it's still the same or you haven't gotten an approval from them you could call them up and see what is holding up the application; might be verification or another issue they want cleared up before proceeding.

If it comes back as denial then it might that your derogatories are holding you back from getting any more cards from Chase at this time. Might give them 3-6 months before trying again.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thank you so much!
That flowchart is so informative

I will wait until the end of the week and go from there. Hopefully I’ll have a better response before then!
Message 7 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sounds like a plan. Good luck and keep us posted!

Message 8 of 20
rgate88
Regular Contributor

I got approved for the card in July and got a similar message. It took a week to get approved, never called recon. When I got approved, I never got an e-mail; it was the automated application status line that informed me. If you get disapproved, give Chase a breather for a few months. Get your scores up and you should be golden early next year. Fingers crossed on the approval!

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $25,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $14,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000

Total CLI - $395,900
Message 9 of 20
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap1 QS 5y1mo.

BoA CR 5yo.

Chase FU 3y3mo.

CSP 3yo.

Citi DC 2y6mo.

https://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

Based on the flowchart a 2 week message might be verification at this point. I would call the status line at the end of the week and see what the message changes to if anything. If it's still the same or you haven't gotten an approval from them you could call them up and see what is holding up the application; might be verification or another issue they want cleared up before proceeding.

If it comes back as denial then it might that your derogatories are holding you back from getting any more cards from Chase at this time. Might give them 3-6 months before trying again.

Great flowchart.  Thank you

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.